eCalc: XCopterCalc - Prop sizing numbers. What are we looking for in the numbers?

PilotMan

Hi all,

Im a fairly "Teky guy" but this prop thing has got me second guessing everything.

What are the key numbers to look at? I realize that we want to have the highest number of flight minutes but the other numbers are important.........Which ones are the most important is the question?

I have several choices of props: 14x8.5 - 13x8 - 13x6.5 - 13x4

I realize that hitting in the middle is probably a good balance and keeps us out of the red.....but what is the give and take?

Here is the ecalc link below:

www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecal...r=apc_electric_e&diameter=13&pitch=8&blades=2

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Hi all,

Im a fairly "Teky guy" but this prop thing has got me second guessing everything.

What are the key numbers to look at? I realize that we want to have the highest number of flight minutes but the other numbers are important.........Which ones are the most important is the question?

I have several choices of props: 14x8.5 - 13x8 - 13x6.5 - 13x4

I realize that hitting in the middle is probably a good balance and keeps us out of the red.....but what is the give and take?

Here is the ecalc link below:

www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecalc&weight=2562&calc=sum&rotornumber=6&elevation=100&airtemp=25&batteries=lipo_5000mah_-_20/30c&s=6&p=1&chargestate=normal&esc=max_60a&motor=tiger_motor&type=mt3515-15&propeller=apc_electric_e&diameter=13&pitch=8&blades=2

I am so glad you posted this, I've used that thing a hundred times and it's never right. I have the setup I plugged in there now and it said, WILL NOT FLY or some carp like that. I agree, what is it looking for and why can't you use the right numbers? Is there a better site or way?