eCalc setting help for MK octo

Vojec

Hi,
I play with ecalc and try to figure out how much my MK can lift. I'm stuck with props-yoke twist. Try searching on web but nowhere strait answer. I upload 2 images with different props yoke tilts. I have motor angle adapter at: https://www.mikrocontroller.com/ind...id=564&zenid=2a0a11d953dd80e831e9470af8b0baf9 and it have a 3 degree tilt. Can I use it to calculate props yoke tilt in dropdown menu 2.5 (it is closest) or not?

Also can't figure out what is mean include Drive? Is this mean with or without motor, esc, battery, maybe?

Thanks.

View attachment 4245View attachment 4246

Attachments

• ecalc.jpg
    ecalc.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 443
  • ecalc1.jpg
    ecalc1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 335

wizprod

Hi,
I play with ecalc and try to figure out how much my MK can lift. I'm stuck with props-yoke twist. Try searching on web but nowhere strait answer. I upload 2 images with different props yoke tilts. I have motor angle adapter at: https://www.mikrocontroller.com/ind...id=564&zenid=2a0a11d953dd80e831e9470af8b0baf9 and it have a 3 degree tilt. Can I use it to calculate props yoke tilt in dropdown menu 2.5 (it is closest) or not?

Also can't figure out what is mean include Drive? Is this mean with or without motor, esc, battery, maybe?

Thanks.

View attachment 5812View attachment 5813

Why use the angle adapters in the first place?

Vojec

Need only for AP/AV. I'm confused now. So If i have those adapters on then is better for acrobatic or what? I thought is better for slow and stable flight?

wizprod

Need only for AP/AV. I'm confused now. So If i have those adapters on then is better for acrobatic or what? I thought is better for slow and stable flight?

Well, when they increase the the yaw-rate, it's gonna get more lively, at least in the yaw. As you say, with AP/AV you want steady and stable.

I wouldn't use them if I was you.

Vojec

Thank you for suggestion. Will remove them.
What about propeller yoke twist in ecalc? Just select 0 on dropdown menu?

Malcr001

I dont know how you guys manage to use these calculators. Ive tried before but I just dont have all the info thats needed. I realise that some can be found out by looking at product specs but theres plenty of info that just doesnt exist.

jes1111

Yoke twist is only needed for props which have variable hub or choices (like folding props). Leave it at zero.

Angle plates will also reduce lift slightly, so the figures the calc give you will be high by a few percent.

"without Drive" is best used when you want to play "what-if?" games - assuming you know the weight of your frame, gimbal, camera, etc. then enter that and the system will add the weight of the batteries, motors and ESCs you choose.

The "add. Payload" fields show how much weight you could add to the craft, as configured, and still remain "flyable" (with throttle at 80%!). Effectively, therefore, it represents your "excess thrust available".

Vojec

Thanks to clear that out, because if you include/select wrong number in my case payload varies by almost kilogram.