EASA Notice of Proposed Amendment

HexCam

This is posted in the UK Local Action Thread

Hi

In my role as UK Legislation Representative for ARPAS-UK I have been forwarded this link by the CAA which some of you may have already seen.

Anybody living in the EU is entitled to submit their views by July 3rd 2014. The document outlines proposed changes to the European Rules of the Air to update the section on RPAS.

I have only received it today so haven't really taken it all in yet. It looks like the key amendments are on pages 20-27.

If anyone is good with their legalese and can help me to pick it apart, I would be very grateful. If anyone can spot any positive or negative implications for any potential RPAS users (commercial, non-commercial, FPV etc.) please let me know. It might also be good for members of other Forums to spread this around a bit as I know there are people out there who are really good at this kind of thing.

Here is the link to the document page, section 1.3 of the document explains how to respond:
https://easa.europa.eu/document-library/notices-of-proposed-amendments/npa-2014-09

Kind regards
Elliott - HexCam

Steel100

Elliott, given the imminence of the Elections for MEPs it might be worth bending the ear of your local MEP. This is the time when they are most receptive!

Steel100

Oops! Forgot to say that I've downloaded the doc and will have a squint at it tomorrow, when I have a minute.

A

Jumpy07

Phew that's hard reading.. speed scanned.. but will have better read at weekend.. couple of things popped out at me..

SCXUK

please note: I am just another forumer and don't take this as legal advice...

Just had a look through this, nothing stands out as bad. It just looks like they have tightened regulations and you need the appropriate cover for the member state you are in. The majority of the changes are about entering member states you are not registered with, i.e if you travel to spain and you're not registered to fly there then you have a huge pile of paperwork to do before you can fly there.
If anything it's making the whole process safer in the air.