DX18 just died....

henrysj

Went to go for a flight, switched it on and then - nothing. Orange bars light up dimly, no screen and then I get this winding down noise followed by the orange bars blinking 3 times. Now just as writing this and having it on next to me for a minute the thing sort of came alive - screen lit up but nothing on the display and moving the trims now makes a sound, aileron trim to left though is making multiple clicks in one go and then noting to right. Anyone heard of faults like this before???

Electro 2

Went to go for a flight, switched it on and then - nothing. Orange bars light up dimly, no screen and then I get this winding down noise followed by the orange bars blinking 3 times. Now just as writing this and having it on next to me for a minute the thing sort of came alive - screen lit up but nothing on the display and moving the trims now makes a sound, aileron trim to left though is making multiple clicks in one go and then noting to right. Anyone heard of faults like this before???

No, but it sure sounds like a defective or uncharged LiPo pack to me.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Try calling Horizon Hobby and asking them for advice, services and replacements are often free! As above it does sound like a failing battery. How old is it?

ZAxis

Try switching on with the charger connected. This should help to pin point battery issues.

andy

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Best I go make sure my DX18 is fully charged, had no problems with mine though.

Pete

henrysj

So no problem with the battery - its gotta be something electrical. Weird though it sort of cured its self to a point. First the screen came back to life, then the trim tab stopped sending itself all the way to one side until the only issue that still remained was you couldn't switch it off. On power down the Spektrum bars on display would go down then it would flick straight back on as though it was going to trainer mode. Did fly one of my tester drones with it and all went well. Sent it back to Horizon Hobbies now though so will see what they say