DVP DVP #070 | World Drone Prix - $1 Million Purse in Dubai | Ford CEO Talks About Potential Partnership

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
drone-world-prix-1-300x200.png

History is being made as this episode goes live. The World Drone Prix (www.worlddroneprix.com) is taking place in Dubai with a total prize purse of $1 million dollars. It will start off with 150 teams from around the world and be paired down to 32 teams after qualifiers. The main event will take place on March 11 and 12. Be sure to check out their website at www.worlddroneprix.com and their Facebook page www.facebook.com/worlddroneprixdubai/

drone-world-prix-3.png

Fortune magazine spoke with Ford CEO Mark Fields to discuss a possible partnership with DJI and the integration of drones with certain Ford vehicles. This is possible? Is this what the future holds? We discuss and have the audio from the interview.

Lastly, we talk about the New York City Drone Film Festival that took place last weekend. Please check out the winning videos - some amazing drone footage and creativity. www.nycdronefilmfestival.com

You can read Petr's Highlight Article on the NYC Drone Film Festival here: http://www.dronevibes.com/2016/03/1...-highlights-quick-look-at-the-winning-videos/

or SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES or STITCHER

LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE

NTTD

Hey all,

I believe it was in this podcast that the guys were asking aloud where everybody in FPV racing gets their handles/nicknames. If it wasn't this episode sorry, I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts lately.

This entire sport basically exists because of the videos the various pilots have posted online featuring their flying. The sport's popularity comes from the popularity of their videos. We all know of pilots who have made themselves known on YouTube due their flying (and editing) skills.

So the answer is very simple, the names that many of them are know by come from the names on their YouTube accounts. I speculate that this started a trend that others in racing choose a handle as well regardless of whether they publish videos.