Aeronavics / Droidworx Duty to import Droidworx from NZ to Aus?

fpvroo

After a lot of reading I'm ready to buy my first professionel Multicopter and I'm going for Droidworx (XM or SJ). Had F550 and fly TBS Disco mainly these days.

My little question is in Australia we have to pay duty and gst on top if we import goods worth more than AU$1000, does that apply on goods from NZ as well. There is free trade agreement etc. in place but I couldn't find anything specific on that...
Also I'm thinking about ordering retractable landing gear etc. do you guys got some special deals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
Email the DW team directltly from their site. I expect they will know from feedback. DW are busy and don't jump on here that often.

You could try PMing Nick (nicwilke) as he imported his XM at the end of October.

Pete

jetbootz

mate. be careful .

I was stupid enough to assume they knew the rules and would " price " the Skyjib V2 + retracts + other parts accordingly. I was wrong. I got a nice little note from fedex for over 300 bucks. it was a little disappointing to be honest. I know they make excellent pro level gear and they are also very nice people. but it still stung a little. a 950 USD value would have been easy to write and would have been much appreciated at my end. you live and learn I suppose. I suggest you PM them and sort BEFORE they ship. good luck buddy.

Lanzar

I realy dont understand why would someone bother with all taxes and customs and fees if you can buy it in europe for almost the same price with dealers. I also think they will redirect him to appropriate dealer. And then you have no vories about customs and shiping ...You can even come and pick it up personaly from us. Not that far to drive :)

fpvroo

mate. be careful .

I was stupid enough to assume they knew the rules and would " price " the Skyjib V2 + retracts + other parts accordingly. I was wrong. I got a nice little note from fedex for over 300 bucks. it was a little disappointing to be honest. I know they make excellent pro level gear and they are also very nice people. but it still stung a little. a 950 USD value would have been easy to write and would have been much appreciated at my end. you live and learn I suppose. I suggest you PM them and sort BEFORE they ship. good luck buddy.

Thanks for your warning. I appreciate that!!

Will order over the phone If possible...

jamienz

If droidworx can get you a ANZ FTA certificate of origin you should be able to remove the duty from the equation. You will probably still be charged Aussie GST though. My business exports timber to OZ from NZ regularly. Its pretty simple if Droidworx is set up with the chamber of commerce to issue these sorts of certificates. Most likely you will have to use a freight forwarder to do the paperwork on your side so that they can run everything through the correct channels. Might not be worth it

mark.bryant61

Allround Heli Pilot
Under the customs tariff schedule in Aus you'll find "aircraft parts" are free. Get whoever your dealing with to send (as an example) 2 packages with seperate invoices for both. Each package value under $999 Aud and marked "aircraft parts".
You'll find that if the dealer is worth his salt, they wont understate the value of the package because it can only be covered (by insurance) for the value stated.
I received a bunch of gear from the U.K and thats exactly what I did. (and you get to take off the 20% U.K VAT...yes please). The extra shipping charge was way cheaper than the gst in Aus.
Hope that helps
cheers all.

Bluerex

No duty, no problems. Great service from Lucy at DW. Pay by credit card as ANZ bank (um that's Australia and New Zealand Bank) will charge you a s*hit load for international transfers if you try to direct transfer. Just give Lucy the card number and sit back and wait for the nice man from DHL to deliver :)

C

Efliernz

Pete
Oh and Pete - I hate you :) :)

C

Is that because:
a) We have had better weather than you this summer
b) Our Super 15 teams did better than you in the weekend
c) I'm a Kiwi
d) I'm a Kiwi with a flying DW machine that I personnaly picked up... and I got a factory tour ;)

After building over a dozen diy machines, I bought the first DW VM6. No regrets, a joy to assemble! The DW team are great.

Pete

Bluerex

Is that because:
a) We have had better weather than you this summer
b) Our Super 15 teams did better than you in the weekend
c) I'm a Kiwi
d) I'm a Kiwi with a flying DW machine that I personnaly picked up... and I got a factory tour ;)

After building over a dozen diy machines, I bought the first DW VM6. No regrets, a joy to assemble! The DW team are great.

Pete
Well maybe "Hate" is a bit strong (except for the Super 15 bit) just envious I guess. :frog:

C