Duplex Coms - What Are People Using?

teecee

We have been using Motorola radios for on set communication but they really don't work when your hands are full or if more than one person needs to talk at once. Pilots have been using duplex coms for ages and it only makes sense in a multirotor production environment. What are folks using? What is good, not so good about what you have. The only thing that I have really found out there is the Eartec system http://www.eartec.com/fullduplex/xt.html on the 1900MHZ band. Anyone used that?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I use a phone. Start the call before a flight and finish it afterwards. Never had a problem with interference from it and it doesn't ever show on my spectrum analyzer. Simples.

teecee

Huh... Not a bad idea. I have done this trick before in other professions and kind of forgot about it because I now own good quality radios. Trouble is they don't duplex and obviously phones do. Will try this out on the next shoot. Thanks!

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
The mobile phone solution, perhaps on speaker phone or Bluetooth is the easiest solution. Short of installing a 4 wire, the only alternative is a speak to transmit system. Stick with the phone!

Last edited by a moderator: