Dual Futaba receiver. Better Range?

badtoys

Hello everyone.

I want to know if I install dual receivers on my 14sg radio will improve the range of the reception.

I plan to use it in my Dji550 with naza v2.

Thanks

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
EzUHF works well from the back of my Futaba:

http://immersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=6&fpv_product_name=EzUHF Long-Range RC TX

Reliable long-range FPV/UAV model control. The most popular UHF Long Range control system in the FPV market. Proven solid RC link for up to 30Km+ using less than 500mW of RF power!

• Reliable FHSS Link (Frequency Hopping, Spread Spectrum)
  • GFSK modulation ensures spectral purity.
  • 500mW (27dBm) output power
  • Single pushbutton learning of failsafe positions
  • Mates with 8 channel, and 4 channel EzUHF receivers

badtoys

Yes it can be done. You can use two receivers that give you 14 channel. I had noticed that I lose signal when I have more than 1 km and the coppter is facing me. ( the receiver is in the back)

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Lord knows!

Just place your receiver antenna straight down so you get a good 360 degrees reception and you're away. It doesn't matter which way the receiver is facing, just the antennas. if they are sticking straight out of the back then this is your problem.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Well, 1km is about as far as you'll typically get with typical power and rubber duck antennas anyway. Actually, I normally only get about 500m.

Adding an extra receiver will not change that. What you need is a better antenna, more power, or both.

badtoys

Lord knows!

Just place your receiver antenna straight down so you get a good 360 degrees reception and you're away. It doesn't matter which way the receiver is facing, just the antennas. if they are sticking straight out of the back then this is your problem.
I can't do that. I experienced some interference with the other electronic in the coppter.