Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Drones on Mars

Discussion in 'Drone Lounge' started by Scooterwolf, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Scooterwolf

Scooterwolf Member

Oct 26, 2018
    New Jersey
    Posted by Scooterwolf, Nov 25, 2018 #1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Christian Rogers

Christian Rogers Member

Jul 26, 2018
    United States
    Posted by Christian Rogers, Nov 26, 2018 #2
    Really interesting although the problem is how to pilot it. There is a delay when sending a signal from earth to mars.

3. Scooterwolf

Scooterwolf Member

Oct 26, 2018
    New Jersey
    Posted by Scooterwolf, Nov 26, 2018 #3
    I think a lot has to be invested into an A.I. unit that will have to make real time informed decisions while its on the planet. The gathered data can be sent back to us on Earth (wow, that looks really strange after it's written) where we can then send out a set of overall orders that the A.I. will breakdown and form a new plan and strategy to follow using a rover and a drone unit together.

- Wolf

4. packnrat

packnrat Member

Posted by packnrat, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:12 AM #4
    first i would place at least 12 satellites in orbit. basic gps stuff. couple ground rader. photo types.
    then worry about a "flight" type of mars drone.
    but the mars drone would maybe be a balloon lift style as well as props. this would give very long flight times.
    larger drone (more test stuff). more solar cells? longer possible life?or heck with it all and put live assets in orbit. in a hab at least 100 times the size of the little hamster tube tinker toy in earth orbit.

Scooterwolf likes this.