Drones Etc. Using Copyrighted NDVI images and Data for products?

Hey guys, AerialMediaPros has been having issues with competitors using copyrighted photos and webpage material for their own website.

The latest is Drones Etc. making carbon copies of our images and website material to relocate precision ag NDVI professionals over to their site. We have worked extremely hard the past 6 months to develop this camera conversion, traveling all over and filming different farms and crops with our new NDVI camera for the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3. We have also been working extensively with DroneDeploy to create some really helpful example maps for our ag users. Drones Etc. has recently been taking images and content off our site and posting it with their duplicate branded products, without even bothering to rewrite the website script. As you can see in the images below, the price for the same items is quite steep so it is very possible that their camera has yet to be developed. Any ideas why they would duplicate our products without even having them in stock? Have any other dealers experienced this, is this common practice for new suppliers?

AerialMediaPros.com NDVI Camera Unit Page​
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-07%20at%201.36.41%20PM_zpsxcirg3ut.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-07%20at%201.37.11%20PM_zpskaqvmpx4.png

Drones Etc. NDVI Camera Unit Page​

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-07%20at%201.27.05%20PM_zps6rnrxihk.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

It's not common with American based companies but quite the norm for a China based company. You've got no means of dealing with legals with a China based company and they know it. OTOH, Drones Etc appears to be located in Salt Lake City so you have plenty of room to lean on them if your work is indeed copy righted. Might want to have your attorney look into a cease and desist letter with whatever other requirements you may have and send it to them as a shot across the bow.

I'd copy and paste all of the contact info from their site along with some good screenshots as quick as I could if it were me. I would not make a personal call or e-mail but keep all communications formal, traceable in context, and timeline and only as my attorney directed.