Drone Shot Down

Av8Chuck

http://okcfox.com/news/local/legal-drone-shot-down-in-edmond-neighborhood

During the debate over drone registration a lot of people said that there's no expectation to privacy so what difference does it make if the FAA makes the registration public.

The reason the FAA claimed they needed to register drones were for public safety reasons, but I argued that making the registration public means that drone owners are second class citizens. What about our privacy and our safety.

This is why! There are apparently no charges being filed agains the person who shot the drone down. The public official interviewed blamed the operator for not informing the neighbors that he was going to do something legally and quit frankly is none on their business.

You better hope that you don't start this dumb a$$ b:censored: driving by her house...

ProfEngr

Doesn't the FAA basically classify "drones" as aircraft by virtue of the latest registration lingo? Wouldn't that make shooting one down a felony?

That's why I tell everyone who asks I'm flying my hobby helicopter. The word "drone" seems to scare people and make them feel unsecure. I hate the new registration but it is the only way I can fly. Anyone I talk to including family, the first thing the say is, did you register it?

violetwolf

Shooting into the air can kill someone down-range. It blows my mind this person is not in jail. In Canada they would be for sure.

ProfEngr

Not all cities have ordinances against discharging firearms inside the city limits, but a lot do. With the exception of the liberal havens, it gets largely ignored.