"Drone" Radio Live....Launching Oct 28th!

Vection

There's a fly in my Zen
wait, wait, wait, wait.........there's an l.o.l to be had here!

the flight control system is Mikrokopter! you must have misunderstood what I said to be micro-kopter

that's probably it, right?

Yep, that's it, how could I forget that Brand?. Without seeing the spelling it can be misleading o_O

Vection

There's a fly in my Zen
I watched the latest broadcast with Patrick Egan. He was talking about the trouble with getting the politicians and bureaucrats to listen to our concerns with the new FAA requirements. What those people are lacking is a suitcase full of money to "donate" to the politicians. The only way to get anything done in Washington is with a well paid gaggle of lobbyists who're willing and able to spread an obscene amount of money around. That's how you do business in Washington, otherwise you're not credible or serious. The Walmart buyer that Bart met represented an important corporation, that's how he got a seat on the committee and the AMA was told to shut up. Why should the politicians listen to a bunch of crazy hobbyists who are throwing their money away on a irrelevant hobby. Remember, you're talking about people who don't have a life outside of politics, or so it seems...
I went to the AMA blog to read some of the posts there and as Bart pointed out a lot of people are really, uh, mad about the whole thing. Unfortunately after trying to post a third reply I was accused of being a spammer: Cheating huh Protected by: AVH First Defense Against Spam - WPMU DEV Version. HUH??? Anyway one person was accusing the White House of being behind this over reaction on the part of the FAA. This is what I tried posting:

"The Republicans are in control of Congress right now. Are they upset by this issue? Do you hear a hue and cry from them concerning this? Or are they quietly aiding in the passage of this? Do you know what their role is concerning this? Right now Republicans are all up in arms about the "terrorist" threat. This is one of the possible scenarios they see: Put a pound (or more) of Semtex on an FPV plane and what do you get? Don't get me wrong, I hate this crap as much as anyone else in the hobby and it's disgusting to see our freedoms eroded and taken away by fear. But as you say I'm "Getting Real" and playing Devil's Advocate... a really nasty one at that. Fear is such a powerful emotion to play with, isn't it? And who knows it and uses it better than politicians and broadcast media."

It's irrelevant whether you can do this or not, just so long as the politician thinks it can. I have no doubt it can be done. At least one person blamed multirotors for causing this over reaction. My opinion is that FPV is the real game changer, nothing happened until it came along.

We have too many factions stacked up against us and not enough money to do anything about it. It's disgusting that big money has so corrupted our government. Too what end... that's the important question.