"Drone" Radio Live, 4Nov2015, RealFlight "Drone" Simulator Review

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

Hi everyone,

It's been a long day and I just got done wrestling new trim onto a window that deserves to be thrown on the wood pile but if I can get to the studio in the next hour or two and get things fired up I'm going to do a special show to review the new simulator software Real Flight "Drone" Ver 1 and take your questions live via Skype.

We need to do another shake down run of the studio before I'll feel comfortable inviting guests to set aside time for the show. Hobbico was nice enough to send me out a sample of their new simulator so between installation and playing with all of the features I think we can make a show of it.

The Skype account I'll be taking calls on will be DroneRadioLive2 and you don't need to ask to be a contact in order to call, it's set up to accept calls from everyone!

The link to the live feed is
www.youtube.com/user/multirotorforums/live

I'm going to get cleaned up and head to the studio. Look for another post in about an hour and a half announcing if it's a go or not.

Bartman

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

We've got a go for tonight's show! We'll be streaming Live from the studio at 9PM EST sharp!

ProfEngr

Good show last night. Was streaming it live for most of the hour. Only had a buffer issue 3-4 times for a couple of sec. Looking forward to future shows.

Bartman

Thanks for the feedback, every comment/contribution helps us to make it better. We have a lot of parameters that can be tweaked to minimize buffering and just the fact that we streamed live for an hour shows we're making progress! The two dedicated laptops that were added to the studio eliminated the problems we had last week when we had three different laptops with three different versions of Windows.

I was really tired last night after a long day of working around the house so I've got to simplify my routines the day of a show and be fresh when we go live.

Overall, it worked well though and we'll have a new show with the full format to roll out on the 18th and then every two weeks after that!

Thanks for watching!
Bart

fltundra

I thought you did great! Parts like loading software and computer requirements is when I lost interest.
If you are going to install software live. You really need a I7 laptop with SSD drives. ;)

Bartman

I thought you did great! Parts like loading software and computer requirements is when I lost interest.
If you are going to install software live. You really need a I7 laptop with SSD drives. ;)
i have to agree but I had intended to talk about basics of multi-rotor heli flying but the install went faster last night than it did when I installed it the first time

fltundra

i have to agree but I had intended to talk about basics of multi-rotor heli flying but the install went faster last night than it did when I installed it the first time
Your doing better then I could do , so no worries. You will only get better at it.:)

Bartman

thanks! an hour long talk about sim software isn't going to be broadly appealing unless you're about to buy the product and want to know it in more detail. knowing that I kinda just went for it and got it done. i'm actually thinking the format going forward will be full planned shows every other week and these more specific shows on specific topics whenever I have the time.