Dromida FPV ? keep on repairing or not ?

Biotechborg

I keep on burning up motors, and the camera is almost completely useless. I took the camera all apart down to board level and couldn't find anything wrong with it. When I push down on the lens, the colors come back, but if I let go, the colors are somewhat like a thermal camera. As for the control board, it seems fine. I checked the voltages it's sending to the motors and they are fine.

Question is should I keep on replacing the motors that keep on burning up, and should I even consider replacing the camera ?

As a side note, the cheaper little Radio Shack drone seems tougher than the Dromida. I crash it over and over and it's still going. Never even had to replace motors yet.

Thoughts please.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
link for the Radio Shack model you're talking about? i might have to......cough!......investigate your claims, as a proper website Admin should

:)

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com, you've come to the right place, make yourself at home, you'll need a soldering iron, a bit of persistence and an ability to tolerate emotional extremes!

Biotechborg

Vermiform... "it tiz, yes yes, it tiz"... tiz' time for "A REAL DRONE"... Bartman, the RadioShack Drone is a little one, it looses comm. at about 50 ft., but it's great for indoors. I'll have to get back to you with the link. Im at work right now. FYI, I'm an Electrical Engineering Tech, been in the field for over 15 yrs. I collect minerals, love robots, and naturally love RC Quadcopters. My passion came when I saw the video of "the swarm of nano rotors" on you tube. I wanted to make a swarm to help me do land surveys more efficiently. Cost, lack of time, and technology have hindered my advance. How to autonomously navigate without bumping into things like tall grass and thin branches still eludes us all.

Well, great to see that we're all having fun and dreaming still'... toodaloo...