Aeronavics / Droidworx Droidworx gains

cbpagent72

I think this is a long overdue thread. Please post your gains and what type of Droidworx aircraft you are running and what kind of payload. I am sure a few people beyond myself can benefit from this knowledge.

I have a SkyJib Super 6 and I haven't figured out which gains to use. My payload is a Zenmuse GH3 gimbal + camera.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quinton

Maybe users don't want to share :)
I was playing with mine today, and seem to have it running really nicely now.
Before it was all over the place, first thing I did was to remove my gel from under the IMU and it seemed to fly much better.

Dont know a lot about gains, so learning by trial and error, also it depends what kind of ESCs etc you are using, so what's good for 1 wont be for another.
What I have learned by trial and error is how important attitude gains are to get right.

Still not perfect, but getting pretty darn close outside today in 15mph winds with the following on a Skyjib 6 ti

220, 210,120,175 / 200, 200

Extremely happy so far with the way the new setups going, everything is working perfectly using the Wookong-M with latest firmware 5.26
The bluetooth connection is definitely a god send when trying to figure out whats best.

Forgot to mention this is with retractable legs and not carrying any gimbal. 2x 6200 mAh lipos

cbpagent72

Thanks Quinton, I have been very busy at work lately so I haven't even flown my new Droidworx yet. I will be using your gains as a starting point since we have similar setups. I am going to remove the gel I under the IMU as well. I am glad to hear that your bird is flying nicely. I have to be honest s after spending so much money on mine, I am a bit Leary on even flying mine..lol.

Quinton

Thanks Quinton, I have been very busy at work lately so I haven't even flown my new Droidworx yet. I will be using your gains as a starting point since we have similar setups. I am going to remove the gel I under the IMU as well. I am glad to hear that your bird is flying nicely. I have to be honest s after spending so much money on mine, I am a bit Leary on even flying mine..lol.

Personally I wouldn't start where mine, as you have different ESCs etc.
There is no problem starting at 100% all round, and work it up from there it wont be too eratic (at least mine wasn't)
Must admit the first time is really worrying, but just double check everything is on the right way, especially the propellers and controls are doing what they are supposed to.
The first time I went up, I just lifted of the ground for a few seconds and set it back down..one very small step at a time.
Good luck.
If you need any help with your transmitter setup just give me a shout, as I have everything working really well including all the fail safes.