Downgrading Firmware?

maxwelltub

Hey I am trying to downgrade my firmware from the 2.10 back to 1.6. I have the assistant software still but it wont authenticate my naza during the boot up. How in the hell do I get back, is it possible?

2.10 is not working so great for me, the naza no longer recognizes my gps puck. In addition to that the motors and throttle are not responding the way they were before. Thanks for your help.

maxwelltub

Ok, just talking to my self here at this point, but it is possible. I did it and I see others have too. I'm not sure whats going on but when I plug my gps in it flashes up for a second then goes away. I figured its a lose wire in the lead but after repeated testing I dont think thats it.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I did the upgrade on mine with no problems, GPS still working and working better I feel. Try unplugging the GPS and reload the firmware, make sure you reboot the unit when asked to. I think mine wanted to reboot 2 times which is a complete power cycle (unplug power for about 20 seconds). Once you get the firmware on, try again with the GPS. You throttle will be different in Atti and GPS mode, it is to help people take off without issues and it works very well, once in the air you will have full range over the throttle again.

maxwelltub

Ya I don't like that throttle crap, it might be the wire but I dont think so. Anyway I'll try reloading the firmware and in the mean time I'll stick to manual.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah, in manual you have complete control. Try the new setting, you might get to like it... I was the same as you, I did not want that, but it does lift off a lot better now.... I kinda like it now, well when I can get to fly that is.

Zeke

For whatever reason mine needs like 3 power cycles before I can get it to stop rapid pulsing yellow and actually respond to the transmitter and take off. Anyone else having that problem?

maxwelltub

yes its happens to me too. If you just wait about a minute it will respond without power cycling. I learned this at the field after rushing to get the last bit of sun light. I thought son of ***** this ain't going to happen, but after some time waiting it just started working. So later I read thats a normal part of the process. Still, not into it.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
That is not something I see, I can power up and go to 50% throttle and the motors go from idle to take off speed..

Zeke

It's just really bizarre, I power the TX up, throw on a fresh battery, watch the lights flash green a few times, then watch it shift to quick pulses of yellow with no radio input. On top of that, manual, atti, or gps modes it doesn't matter, it's just telling you to screw off with that yellow pulse.

Zeke

The option in the assistant is on, it however remains off unless im letting someone new tool around with it to get their kicks.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Without knowing your radio type, would you need to maybe re-bind it?

Reading through the DJI manual, TX Signal is lost, which is the yellow flashing you are seeing... a possible re-bind may cure this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwelltub

Mine does the same thing, and I couldn't use IOC if I wanted to because the naza won't see my gps. And I dont think its a signal loss because the RX has a green light for signal.

Zeke

Silly me, im using the futaba t7c. This problem only occured after the upgrade. Seems to work itself out after a Gps calibrationand power cycle.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Ok, so how are you connected, receiver to Naza? are you using S-Bus or traditional, and when your receiver is on and tx is on..... is the green light on the receiver on? or is it red?

You may want to reload the Naza again with the firmware, making sure you reboot when prompted. It is also advised you write down all of your settings and restore defaults, reboot the naza, go back in and put your settings back in.

Also, make sure you have no weird trims set on the radio.

Tron78

The problem persists.... oh well, I guess I'll make due.

Hi Zeke,

Have you managed to solve issue with NAZA not recognizing GPS? Same happenend to me after upgrade to 3.12. Really annoying.

I am going to try to downgrade to 2.10.

rgds, Tron

That is not something I see, I can power up and go to 50% throttle and the motors go from idle to take off speed..

How is this, i am getting the same issues with SimonK ESCs on Naza M latest firmware. Ive calibrated escs etc with no luck.

When i throttle up, the throttle is extremely laggy and if i leave it at around 60%, it will continue to accelerate.

Has anyone got any issues? This is killing me

Cheers