Gaui Don't know what to do.

JohnD2

Have been thinking of getting a GAUI 330XS for a long time. I have some experience with fixed wing aircraft and coxal helis. Some, with a gyro system, have worked just great and others I could not fly no mater what I did. These were not very expensive and maybe of a lower quality, but now I am not too sure about any of them. Have read many post about first time quad owners and seems like most do not have too much trouble. I guess what I am asking is, Can a guy with very little experience teach himself to fly one of these? :nevreness:
Thanks to all of you who have been so much help.
John

Kilby

I think all of us had very little experience the first time we picked one up. ;-)

Just take your time and don't try to do anything crazy till you are comfortable with it. If you can fly a coaxial heli, you can fly one of these.

JohnD2

I think all of us had very little experience the first time we picked one up. ;-)

Just take your time and don't try to do anything crazy till you are comfortable with it. If you can fly a coaxial heli, you can fly one of these.

How about the GU-344? Dose it work, as good as Gaui says, to keep the QUAD stable?
John

hjls3

not sure about the 450 but i can certainly testify that the 550 with naza is super fun and easy to learn on. i had some experience with heli's and picked it up super quick. my son however, 9 years old, spent some time on a sim and within a week was ripping the 550 around. the dji stuff is super user friendly and for lack of a better word - really tough. i can not believe the things my son and i have put the 550 thru and with some minor repair, it is still providing lots of fun. we are working on another 550 that is upgraded to carry a dslr, mostly so i can fly and video my son flying the other 550. lots of fun. also, if interested in this, flying the 550 has certainly improved my 3d plane and heli flying skills. take your time with the setup. maybe invest in sim and you will have a great time. BTW we have "real flight" and one of the expansion packs has a quad. DO IT!

JohnD2

Thanks a lot. I looked at the DJI stuff and did a lot of reading. Looks good to me. Going to do a little more research before I spend the money, but I am going to get something. Just hope that I don't become a pain with all the questions.
Thanks again,
John