DJO A2 Can Bus Recommended Order

fsolanes

Hi Guys, First post here :)

I've been doing plenty of reading but can't seem to identify a definitive answer. Its a Tarot 680Pro Frame with DJI E600 Motor Set paired with DX8 Radio (Saving for Futaba 14SG)

How should I be interconnecting the following hardware:
A2 FC
PMU
IMU
GPS
IOSd MkII
Gimbal H2-3D
Ground Station
Can Bus Hub

I have connected these items in different ways and have had some relatively successful flights, sometimes it seems like the Hex drifts and behave a little erratic but i'm not entirely sure why? Its a Complete DJI system on purpose as to be as compatible as I thought it could be.
Another interesting problem is that if my Zemuse Controler is not connected to the First plug the Gimbal begins to tilt sideways slowly until it hits the limit and makes a nasty motor noise.
Im running the latest firmware that the assistant brings me too which i suppose is 2.3 but i'm not entirely sure and i'm not in town today to check.
Thank you all in advance for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey mate,

Firstly, avoid powering up your Zenmuse without the signal lead connected to the flight controller. It needs that information to maintain it's hold.

Could you explain drifting and erratic behaviour? Also, how can you connect them in different ways? There's surely only one correct way.

fsolanes

Thank you for your reply,
The tilting of the Zenmuse gimbal occurs while connected to the can bus. The Hex erratic behaviour goes something like this.
Im controlling it in GPS mode with the radio and when i release the sticks it wanders and more noticeable it begins to spin around in one spot not the toilet bowl where it moves in a circle but the it actually changing orientation. If i move the sticks it seems to stop for a bit but eventually continues.
As for connecting the can bus Im referring to being able to connect say the ground station to the port on the GPS cable or the Port on a can bus hub, or the FC port etc. I believe there is one right way and that's essentially what im asking where should each device connect.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Make sure you have the Zenmuse Can Bus cable connected into the correct Can Bus circuit. The A2 has two circuits, against the single circuit of the Wookong where the Zen could be connected to any spare Can Bus port. With the A2 the Zen will behave strangely if connected to Can Bus 2. This means it has to go into Can Bus 1 and there is only one port available - the one on the GPS cable - unless you have a Can Bus hub.

fsolanes

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thank you for the info.. if will try connecting it to Can 1. note the images from the DJI manual one says Can1 the other Can2 this is confusing. I have the H2-3D

Attachments

• 488px-A2-with_dji_products.jpg
    488px-A2-with_dji_products.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 412
  • DJI options.jpg
    DJI options.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 282

Tahoe Ed

Hi Guys, First post here :)

I've been doing plenty of reading but can't seem to identify a definitive answer. Its a Tarot 680Pro Frame with DJI E600 Motor Set paired with DX8 Radio (Saving for Futaba 14SG)

How should I be interconnecting the following hardware:
A2 FC
PMU
IMU
GPS
IOSd MkII
Gimbal H2-3D
Ground Station
Can Bus Hub

I have connected these items in different ways and have had some relatively successful flights, sometimes it seems like the Hex drifts and behave a little erratic but i'm not entirely sure why? Its a Complete DJI system on purpose as to be as compatible as I thought it could be.
Another interesting problem is that if my Zemuse Controler is not connected to the First plug the Gimbal begins to tilt sideways slowly until it hits the limit and makes a nasty motor noise.
Im running the latest firmware that the assistant brings me too which i suppose is 2.3 but i'm not entirely sure and i'm not in town today to check.
Thank you all in advance for your input.

The PMU and the Data Link/Ground Station go to Can2.

The IMU, GPS, iOSD MK II and the GCU for the H3-2D connect to Can1.

You should not need the Can Hub.