DJI Zenmuse Z15 GH4 & Lightbridge

Giovanni59

I have learned from several sources that it is possible to run both Lightbridge and Zenmuse but not have Lightbridge control the Flight Control. I have heard of incidents where this has caused problems and crashes.

So I have Zenmuse connected as instructed except no Sbus connection. When Lightbridge is connected by the G7 cable the gimbal works without a remote control module connected, however if I do connect the GCU ports with a remote control the gimbal does a slow twist and does not react to commands from the radio. I have tried 3 different Spektrum RX modules, an AR6250, AR8000 and an AR500, same results with all three.
I then tried a Futaba RX using SBUS connection to Aux2. I still did not have any control of the gimbal
but with this connection the gimbal did not do the slow twist movement.

If I do not have Lightbridge connected I am able to use the remote control.
Another issue is that when Lightbridge is connected I do not get a video signal using the built in HDMI cable.
However, if I connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI out port of the GH4 camera and into the HDMI port on Lightbridge I do get a signal transmitted to my ground station.

One option I am considering is powering Lightbridge separately.

Is there anyone out there that is set up the way I want to?
Thanks