DJI Zenmuse gimbals, Please list remaining problems

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

I'm curious as to what problems remain with DJI's Zenmuse gimbals. Why? Because I've been considering buying one!

I've read of a yaw problem where the entry to and exit from a camera pan movement are not smooth so that's one problem.

I'm also not jazzed up by the fact that each gimbal fits one and only one camera/lens combination.

What else is there? If we can assemble a list I'll email DJI about it so we can get some form of response (I can be a little pushy, sometimes it's good, sometimes not so much :) ).

Let's hear what those of you that own them have to say.

Thanks,
Bart

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Well, I use the Zenmuse Z15 GH2 and can't fault it. No problems. It can be converted to hold a GH3 also, and I would guess a GH4 since it's spec'd as the same dimensions/weight as the GH3 (I think).

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Well, I use the Zenmuse Z15 GH2 and can't fault it. No problems. It can be converted to hold a GH3 also, and I would guess a GH4 since it's spec'd as the same dimensions/weight as the GH3 (I think).

Ben....you don't have any issues with abrupt or sudden Pan movements? You can very smoothly ease into and out of a Pan?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It is quite robotic in it's movements. It only softens the pan just a little inherently. With a two-man setup I use some expo and dual rates to really slow things down. You have to be quite gentle on the sticks to produce smooth movement.

So in answer to your question, no, it's not that smooth, unless you control it smoothly.

Some ramping and damping would be great!

Quinton

I have just got the 5D Zen and it is not possible to select reset..
In other words when you select reset, (mode) it should go back to home position, but it only goes back to facing forward in the pan access (not roll or pitch)
Also you are supposed to have a 2 way switch to make it look down 90 degrees and then go horizontal, that also is not working.
Also not sure how much of a problem this is as I have a couple of 14 channel radios, but in the manual it shows the following for channels...

1 roll
2 tilt
4 pan
7 mode
5 shutter
8 aux1
9 aux2
6 aux3

How would that work with 8 channel radios?