DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

srbell

Hi, Lucky Boris :black_eyed:

Have you received a shipment info from Dji before receiving the S800

for me no news good news ...

jdm66

I sent my preorder in quite a while ago....still nothing. I told Robert I wouldn't bug him, but after seeming some of the latest info I'm dying to get my hands on a S800! BTW, anyone heard anymore about the Photo Higher Hero? At .7kg, sounds like a brilliant camera mount for the 800.

Zzr

Hi Boris lucky!!
Have fun to build your new toy. I'm still waiting. What kind of Lipo you'll use?

Got the S800 today ! I must say the frame really makes sense. Gonna start a build and details threads about the components. Up to now the frame makes a really good impression !

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Got the S800 today ! I must say the frame really makes sense. Gonna start a build and details threads about the components. Up to now the frame makes a really good impression !

Boris

Its been 11 hours. Thoughts? :)

New firmware makes it even better. I have the gains and Attitude cranked way up and still nothing bad happens.

rsun

How many of you are using a 10" laptop....
My DJI assistant is not giving me the chance to use the lower part of the box... and I can't scroll down in the DJI software... or make it bigger.... )-:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 338
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 302

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Boris lucky!!
Have fun to build your new toy. I'm still waiting. What kind of Lipo you'll use?

Hi Zzr,

am going to use zippy 6s 8000 mAh have three of them around so i will give them a try. Still wondering how to mount them don't want them on the center plate etc.

Hope to find the time today to finish the bird up and have a test flight in the garden. Up to now nothing i could complain about !

Boris

rsun

Hey guys, I did find the problem....
It is a Acer with touch screen and do have some extra posebilletis for setting up the screen....

Zzr

I'm just wondering how long flight times for 6s 8000 mah? Enjoy for test flight. I'm still waiting for my order s800 from Robert.
I like mount battery under the s800.

Hi Zzr,

am going to use zippy 6s 8000 mAh have three of them around so i will give them a try. Still wondering how to mount them don't want them on the center plate etc.

Hope to find the time today to finish the bird up and have a test flight in the garden. Up to now nothing i could complain about !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
finished it up this was maybe a 2 hour build :) If you don't make mistakes like I did and you know your steps already this is maybe a 1 hour build !

hahaha have one in reserve when you are doing a job and if it crashes just build a new one on site :)

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
damm can't fly it until tomorrow. One of you that already has the S800 figured out how to use these two big velcro ties to attach the Lipo ?

Thanks

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
damm can't fly it until tomorrow. One of you that already has the S800 figured out how to use these two big velcro ties to attach the Lipo ?

Thanks

Boris

For test flights I have just been strapping two 6s 5000mah packs underneath to the cross bar. It works fine for test flights. Once gimbal is added I have to make something else up. Basically we need simple battery mounts like the droidworx ones.

Boris if you haven't loaded 5.06 firmware yet with Sidneyw's S800 gain settings maybe you can tell us if there is a difference in performance with the old firmware.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I loaded 5.06 already will be testing those settings sidney posted and i will revert later to check out the comparison to the old firmware. Gonna maiden it tomorrow in front of our weekly copter meet up :) A lot of MK guys there lets see what they say :)