BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• s800dia.jpg
    s800dia.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 241

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
interesting approach to have a 24Khz Khz output I guess its addressed towards the ESCs ?

40A OPTO
6S LiPo
Signal Frequency 30Hz ~ 450Hz
Drive PWM Frequency 24KHz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm no clue. Announced are upgrades for WKM and NAZA. Don't know what will be in the WKM upgrade the only thing i caught on to, is that the flight characteristic between attitude and GPS mode should be the same with the next upgrade. Cant comment on it since i hardly fly in GPS mode, only for safety when i am in a risky situation.

Boris

Tahoe Ed

Noticed this on the S800 website:

Due to materials cost increase we are forced to increase S800 MAP from current US$ 1,600 to US$1,900 effective May 15, 2012.

Starting to make the price I paid look pretty good.

Bigrock

Does anybody know what the zenmuse gimble comes with?
For that price are they including the downlink and hook ups for the Sony nex 5n so you have live view?

Tahoe Ed

I don't think so. I just would like to get the HDMI to analog link. They have been using a standard 5.8gHz down link from what I have seen. The HDMI is small based on the videos. The size of the vTx.

srbell

How do you guys know the status of your orders? I'm paid but that's all I know. Keeping a lookout for the Fedex van!

Tahoe Ed

I got an email with a tracking number. It is now in Las Vegas and I will have it tomorrow unless something happens. I will be posting my build with Geoff. I am so excited to get this at the discounted price. It is like a gift. Unfortunately I will have to store it somewhere other than my condo, it is way to big on top of my heli and two other multis.

DennyR

Noticed this on the S800 website:

Due to materials cost increase we are forced to increase S800 MAP from current US$ 1,600 to US$1,900 effective May 15, 2012.

Starting to make the price I paid look pretty good.

I suppose they want to cash in before RCTimer copy it for 200 bucks. I just bought a knock-off F550 for 49 euros.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

You can buy an original for $48 US at UAVProducts.com. I just paid $80. The bottom of their market is declining but I do not see the top end doing the same. Especially for their FC's.

DennyR

Competition is good for business so lets hope they don't get carried away with too much superiority syndrome. I have yet to test this thing against a Logo extreme 800 with 830 asymetric blades which I believe will have better high wind performance and endurance, plus Ace One. Heli's were their core business before MR came along and offered another slice of the cake. You can buy one of those Extremes for just over 2K. Much better than a Joker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

I have a 550 with a WKH for about the same price. Yes the wind performance is better but I still like my multi's.

DennyR

I think wind performance is a big factor if you are using it as a commercial enterprise, often you have to fly when the conditions are not perfect.