Dji Wookong crash

Kentjjl

Well I finely got everything hooked up lastnight and went for a test flight and it immediately rolled forward with leaving the ground broke a prop.I don't know what happen my z axis was set at -1 and gps was set at -19 everything else was left at zero and it was set for att mode light was bilking red yellow red yellow please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

barnytj

I had something similar with my first flight with Naza, checked everything and after about 4 hours of head scratching finally figured out the FC was in back to front.. obvious in retrospect, but the manual hadn't been too clear.

AIRCONROB

Well I finely got everything hooked up lastnight and went for a test flight and it immediately rolled forward with leaving the ground broke a prop.I don't know what happen my z axis was set at -1 and gps was set at -19 everything else was left at zero and it was set for att mode light was bilking red yellow red yellow please help.

Kentjjl, what setup are you using? quad, hexa etc or have you any pics of the top of the rig.

Rob

Kentjjl

It was mounted on Gaui 550x it was set on quad 4 sorry no pics.I will just put it back in the box and maybe someday someone will come out with a detailed video on how to set this thing up.

Paul@scc

Make sure your props and motor direction are the same as in the dji manual and not the way gaui instructions has them. I beleive it is different.

Yellow and red flash indicates you are in Atti mode but you do not have full sat lock. You can fly but do not go into gps/Atti mode.

AIRCONROB

It was mounted on Gaui 550x it was set on quad 4 sorry no pics.I will just put it back in the box and maybe someday someone will come out with a detailed video on how to set this thing up.

If you have Skype and want a chat, i will be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers

Rob

Kentjjl

When will dji wookong our someone come out with a detailed video on how to set this baby up the manual sucks.right now I have a $1100 paper weight.

When will dji wookong our someone come out with a detailed video on how to set this baby up the manual sucks.right now I have a $1100 paper weight.

PitchBitch has a really good setup video on this- all the assistant software setup stuff is past 26min.

Kentjjl

Yes I saw the video I sold my first one out of frustration so after seeing the video I order another one let's see what happens started new build today.

worbc

I had something simular the first time I try flying my my garage, I has missed the correct motor numbering. I has put the 6th motor was plugged in the 1st motor's slot on the MC, 1st motor was plugged in the 2nd motor plug in the MC, and so forth. Also, from what I've read and seen from others, when these take off they sorta do lurch one way or the other until they are up and away from the ground. I start rebuilding my 550 w/ Wookong M tomorrow, fingers crossed I don't do it again. LOL

--terry

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
PitchBitch has a really good setup video on this- all the assistant software setup stuff is past 26min.

You jus haf to luff zat german accent ant ze huma - "... ze weather is pretty ****ty but zer is not much vind."

Informative and entertaining video - well posted!

mbsteed

aerial video centric
When I tried to take off mine tipped to one side and dug into the dirt each time but once I gave it more throttle on take off and got into the air it stabilized. If you are sure everything else is good, then I would recommend this.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
When I tried to take off mine tipped to one side and dug into the dirt each time but once I gave it more throttle on take off and got into the air it stabilized. If you are sure everything else is good, then I would recommend this.

Anybody who does not yet know this should take note. Until your MR is very well setup and you are familiar with its behaviour, lift-off should always be vigorous.