DJI WKM yaw issues.

saidquad

BorisS, Thank you for your advice. I did recheck all plates under motors too see if I have placed them on the correct side after changing ESC’s. They were indeed on the correct side, but I found another issue which I’m a bit ashamed to tell. Two arms witch were marked X were placed to the socket marked O in the frame!!! I don’t know if this would be the reason for yaw issue. I am also wondering if this was the reason why my Maxamps 11000 mah battery was discharged to 3.7V per cell in less than five minutes. Could it be the reason? I have to do the second flight next week and find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

thats one of the thing i didn't think of. I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks. What do you have on your yaw gain for the fully loaded s800 with z15 etc. I m at 170 for yaw

Boris

I find that yaw is pretty good on the standard 100 and 130 on the Vert. around 200 on the basic P&R..

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
In the meantime i am down to 140 on the yaw, the 240 240 240 170 before stated from DJI in Rcgroups is to high or maybe it was adequate with the V1 ESCs.

Boris

I am having this YAW tuning issues for a long time, I can't do a flat yaw(rudder) turn without wobbling...
I have test with different parameters for the settings, till i finally gave up.

This set was on my Cinestar8...and it became a joke for video taking.

Now i have downgrade this WKM unit to a F450 frame for funfly !!!

jbdww

I have also been having yaw issues. I thought it was tuning issues. When I yaw left and gently put yaw back to center, the aircraft would wobble back and forth for a little bit. If I yaw right and gently let got the aircraft will drift a little further.

Interesting set you go there :)

As far as the yaw I had it happen to me once too. No idea on the cause. DJI's high (lame) quality of firmware code perhaps.

Pablo74

Interesting set you go there :)

As far as the yaw I had it happen to me once too. No idea on the cause. DJI's high (lame) quality of firmware code perhaps.

:) You the place was very nice filming with 3D camera and I was strapped to the ropes for safety :)

Currently I have the values ​​of the yaw gain up to 300 to 250 but I remember that he did.
I'll try to go down as gain hoping that it maintains.
I also sent an email to the DJ with the video hope you respond.

Hi all, is not the first time I have some engine speed increases suddenly causing a drift on the yaw
I wanted some of your opinion.
Thanks to all
this is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXCvbUqPsIQ&feature=youtu.be

You better consider removing the WK-m on your expensive setup, i had it removed from my Cinestar8 because after tuning with every possible parameters, i still cannot get rid of the yawing (coupled with wobbling) issue.
What if it goes into a wobble of death from high altitude !!!