DJI Vision...will it fly in UK?

AUsome

Found this on another forum site...can anyone say if this is correct since I understand the Vision will use 5.8GHz for flight control and 2.4GHz for the wi-fi video feed. If so, I wonder if DJI is aware that there might be issues with sale overseas?

35MHz Band - for Airborne use only in U.K.
Frequency band approved in U.K. - 34.945 to 35.305MHz.
Frequency flag - Orange flag with channel number in black.
This band is for airborne use only in the U.K.
Other bands permitted for aircraft -
27MHz band
459MHz band
2.4GHz band - covers the frequencies from 2.400 to 2.4835GHz providing up to 80 channels with a maximum transmitter power of 100mW erp. Automatic frequency selection (no crystals required).
Also for telemetry - model to operator - the band 433.05 to 434.79MHz is available using approved radio transmitter and receiver modules.
For aircraft use, 434.025 to 434.775 is recommended.

So it will never get a CE mark (anywhere in the EU) and therefore will be illegal to sell it...

nisouck

Found this on another forum site...can anyone say if this is correct since I understand the Vision will use 5.8GHz for flight control and 2.4GHz for the wi-fi video feed. If so, I wonder if DJI is aware that there might be issues with sale overseas?

35MHz Band - for Airborne use only in U.K.
Frequency band approved in U.K. - 34.945 to 35.305MHz.
Frequency flag - Orange flag with channel number in black.
This band is for airborne use only in the U.K.
Other bands permitted for aircraft -
27MHz band
459MHz band
2.4GHz band - covers the frequencies from 2.400 to 2.4835GHz providing up to 80 channels with a maximum transmitter power of 100mW erp. Automatic frequency selection (no crystals required).
Also for telemetry - model to operator - the band 433.05 to 434.79MHz is available using approved radio transmitter and receiver modules.
For aircraft use, 434.025 to 434.775 is recommended.

So it will never get a CE mark (anywhere in the EU) and therefore will be illegal to sell it...

I think you are right!

rilot

I've been wondering about this myself. All the info on the Vision and the Phantom 2 say 5.8GHz for flight control.
I know 5.8GHz for FPV is allowed in the UK but with a maximum power of 25mW. I'm not sure how this relates to RC control though.

Reading the legislation though, it seems unlikely that the either the Vision or Phantom 2 will gain CE approval to be sold in the UK/EU unless they switch to 2.4GHz.

I'd email DJI and ask but we all know how responsive they are......