DJI Support? Faulty IMU...

smrceo

I recently helped my friend set up his first Naza (my first set up as well). It was fairly straight forward. He is not running the GPS module rt now but we figured we would get Manual and ATTI modes working and when he was ready we would add the module. We notices rt away the quad wiuld not take off in ATTI mode and would just roll hars left. After reading a lot, we figures we would try calibrating IMU. This is where it hasnt been good...when checking IMU status an error message popped up stating "IMU functioning abnormally. Please contac support."

We turned wverything off and typed up an email to DJI as directed in asistant software. DjI response came next morning...

"Please contact dealer for post sale support."

I have emailed the dealer but want to know why the dealer would be the go to party? Do dealers test the units they receive? Are they doing the setup and we missed out on something? Im not real thrilled with DJI's handling of situation so far. Am I off base here?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad:)

02deuce

Time Warped
All DJI warranty work is through the dealers. They don't do the repairs, but they handle the exchange etc. Went through this with my dealer and it was pretty painless other than the inconvenience.

quad flyer

IMHO, the dealer you bought the unit from should be your first point of contact in this type of situation. It will be easier for you to discuss the problem with them, maybe even show them the issue 1st hand by testing your unit at their shop. If its proven to be faulty, its easier for the dealer to offer a 1 for 1 replacement. Normally I'd only take it further up the "food chain" if I wasn't getting anything sensible from the dealer.
DJI will be turning these out by the truckload, its possible the odd one may drop through the QA/QC or mis-handled in transit and end up becoming faulty upon delivery. Its very unlikely the dealer will take the time to test every unit they receive and breaking the factory seal on the packaging is never a good idea if they want to sell it as new. Most manufacturers will not fuss over the odd warranty replacement as its usually part of their QA/QC procedure and good practice to keep the customer happy.
I hope this helps and I hope you get your naza flying soon, it is a great flight controller, don't let this issue put you off.

smrceo

I dont have a local DJI dealer. There is no shop for us to go to for setup. Everything for my quad and friends is orderd online. The issue I have is the asistant software states "contact us". How hard would it be to say dealer there? I see DJI answering questions all over forums. Why not tell me the error means unit may need to be replaced and contact dealer for warranty? Im not upset just curious. I use products that have way higher production numbers and the manufacturer support responds better. As I said im more concerned with the response as I did exactly what the software told me to do. The e-retailer was chosen based on speed of shipping and costs, not for their technical support. Product was picked based on the theory it would have support as it is widely used (I dont think boatloads) compared to the other products in same category.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I've had that problem with them as well: http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ng-FC-for-new-X8&p=91965&viewfull=1#post91965

Problem is....even if you just want to ask a question, that is still the only answer you'll get. Even if it is a highly technical question that a dealer couldn't possibly know or even understand.

And....when you rub their nose in the fact that since you have purchased the most expensive piece of gear they sell, they should at least have the courtesy to answer a question or two about it......you'll get the same response, only phrased a bit more snottily.

To add insult to injury, don't know about your dealer but mine does not return any email that doesn't imply an impending sale.

Have never purchased ANYTHING from DJI again. Don't ever intend to.

....sT

Copterbat

When you understand how Chinese culture and business works, you will understand why they react as they do. Its not right, not at all, but when you know how its done, not only at DJI but all Chinese manufacturers, you know who you dealing with. Ive learner this since many years dealing with Chinese manufacturers. Oh, I could tell so many interesting stories about this journey with Chinese manufacturers, but the one at least I can say is, that when you show your money to them, they are happy to help, after this, nothing works. Despite this, DJI is a good product and if you are dealing with a good online shop or local dealer, your should get good service no matter what DJI`s attitude might be behind the scenes.

So I do advice to look for a good local dealer and forget DJI. Its dealers work to help you and deal with DJI behind the scenes!

ricardo

I've read your post guys and I'm becoming nervous, my zenmuse failed after a few flights, right now is at DJI, 2 weeks and no news at all. If they call their kopters "for professional aerial photography" they should support their products in a much more professional way.
Let's see how it goes.
B regards.
R.