DJI Stock Motor Replacement

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
I have a motor going bad on my F550 and have ordered a replacement. Eventually I would like to upgrade them all. I'd prefer to stay with the stock ESCs, 4S power, and my 10 Inch Graupners (only because the budget rules). Given the mentioned compatability limitations, I would appreciate your recommendations.

Worth mentioning - the motor that is failing feels and even sounds rough when spun by hand. There is a fairly obvious off-center wobble at the hub, and there is play between the motor housing and the its base. This particular motor had the misfortune of spinning a very out of balance 10 inch Graupner for three or four flights before I finally got around to balancing the new props. I'm sure that prop did a number on the motor bearings. Lesson learned.

Thanks,

Jon

ChrisViperM

The original DJI motor got a strator size of 22x12 and a KV of 920 rpm/V....the closest you can get to the original is the AXI 2212/26 EVP Goldline. Here is a link to the manufacturers site:
http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?page=61&product=2212&serie=26_EVP&line=GOLD .....but you find them anywhere to buy online.

If you are concerned about quality, go for AXI....they are not cheap, but they are made in Europe and of TOP quality. But also have a look how the props are mounted and if you need a prop adapter for any motor of your choice.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: