DJI S800 EVO with Zenmuse Z15 and Blackmagic Pocket

Quinton

Didnt realise the BMPC had a crop factor of 2.88 compared to FF
Looked like really good dynamic range in those shots, the dark trees, and the bright sky together really held up nicely at the end.
Is there no way to have any other lens on the Zenmuse or any kind of adaptor like a metabones speed booster or anything?
What where those things on top of the hills some kind of warning system?

@JeffY I just ordered the camremote today to have a play with it, it looks really useful, for all sorts of cameras.

Hi,

I think the Olympus 17mm Zuiko would work well and equals around 50mm FOV. On the wider end and with more modification the 7-14mm would work too. I like the 35mm FOV very much so that´s the main lens I am going to fly next to the 17mm.

I think the antennas are mainly for cellphones. No warning system ;)

Quinton

Hi,

I think the Olympus 17mm Zuiko would work well and equals around 50mm FOV. On the wider end and with more modification the 7-14mm would work too. I like the 35mm FOV very much so that´s the main lens I am going to fly next to the 17mm.

I think the antennas are mainly for cellphones. No warning system ;)

I was going to buy the BMPC back in August, but then I read too many negatives at that time, but now I'm starting to see the positives again.
Not sure if you know but just had a look at the specs and see it has a 12-20V power input. does that mean you can power it from your lipo, and does it need the internal battery connected?

As you can power it with external V-Mount battery packs this should not be a problem. The battery lasts for about 5 flights btw. the 64 gig card is also full after 5-6 flights.

Greetings

Quinton

As you can power it with external V-Mount battery packs this should not be a problem. The battery lasts for about 5 flights btw. the 64 gig card is also full after 5-6 flights.

Greetings

Yeah read that a 64GB Gives you 37min Record at ProRes and 16min at RAW, it is a cheap camera for what you get, but its all the other gear you need to buy with it that will soon mount up.

Wow, that looks brilliant - I recently bought an S800 EVO and Zenmuse15/Sony NEX7. I'm a bit disappointed in the NEX7 picture quality - what you have is what I want!!!
Many thanks for posting...

Hi Louis,

Try to set your NEX to "portrait mode". This will get the most pleasing picture out of the NEX7. (in my opinion)

Greetings

jfro

Aerial Fun
alpine-aerials: Did you shoot that at 24 or 30fps?

Some very good looking footage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leadingedge

I was going to buy the BMPC back in August, but then I read too many negatives at that time, but now I'm starting to see the positives again.
Not sure if you know but just had a look at the specs and see it has a 12-20V power input. does that mean you can power it from your lipo, and does it need the internal battery connected?
I got my BMPCC just before the holidays and I have been amazed at the pictures - the dynamic range is awesome. Also, power consumption is nothing like a bad as I had been expecting based on early reports. Just in case, I also bought another 2 batteries and charger for £50 so more than enough juice for aerial sorties as we have two pairs of lipos. The next challenge is to get it working in our Zenmuse 15G.The GH2 produces nice pictures but nothing like as good as the BMPCC. Look forward to seeing more of alpine-aerials work. Great stuff.

maxwelltub

I found that the boot up sequence makes external wiring a pain. Does the GH3 gimbal have the same type of boot up that that gh2 gimbal has?

I don´t have a problem with external wiring as I don´t need infinity panning. We´ve done a short testflight yesterday with speeds up to 14 meter/sec without any jitter or vibration which is awsome. The biggest drawback of the GH3 gimbal is it´s firmware which prevents you from slow panning or tilting. The deadband of the input is very high and the movement then starts abruptly which hopefully will get fixed in a firmware update.

Here the link: https://vimeo.com/78146642

Greetings