DJI S1000 - Zenmuse Z15 - Canon 5D MKIII setup....!

3dbureau

Hello

I am considering buying a DJI S1000 with Gimbal and camera. I've looked a little in the direction of a Canon 5D MKIII with a Zenmuse Z15.

However, I would like to avoid the extra large expense of having to use a lightbridge, and therefore thought that maybe I could use a DJI AVL5.8 transmitter with display.
But is there something about, that it only can run an analog signal, as far as I can see that the 5D av/output is digital ...

Do you have any experience with that setup S1000 - Zenmuse Z15 - 5D MKIII?

Is it the same with Lumix GH4?

Kind regards

leor

Hello

I am considering buying a DJI S1000 with Gimbal and camera. I've looked a little in the direction of a Canon 5D MKIII with a Zenmuse Z15.

However, I would like to avoid the extra large expense of having to use a lightbridge, and therefore thought that maybe I could use a DJI AVL5.8 transmitter with display.
But is there something about, that it only can run an analog signal, as far as I can see that the 5D av/output is digital ...

Kind regards
Are you sure you can ONLY use digital on BMCC?

Also if you want to go the GH4 route there are other things that are needed to add the GH3 gimbal for it to work.

Also take note that each gimbal is designed for a specific camera you cannot use the 5D with GH4. Gh3 works with GH4 but there are issues and need an extra converter board inroder to output the AV signal correctly for 4k.

3dbureau

Thanks for your response.

Yes I am aware that a Gimbal fits only one type of camera. I'm considering just either a 5D or a GH3 (GH4).

However, I would like to avoid having to buy a lightbridge as I do not need to stream HD live, but just want to see what the camera sees, so I know when to take the picture or start recording.

So the question is, can dji 5.8GHz videolink accept the image signal the 5D send out, or do I have to have a lightbridge?

I have just heard that dji 5.8GHz videolink can only import an analog signal, and that the lightbridge can import a digital signal. As far as I can see, the output of 5D digital ....

View attachment 18974

Attachments

• ZTECHCONNECTIONS.jpg
    ZTECHCONNECTIONS.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 617

soler

There is a AV out connector, its a strange cannon cable that splits out, as far as I am aware that has a analogue av signal. Read the manual to be sure

3dbureau

OK but for Zenmuse be able to work freely, should I only use the cable that sits in the Gimbal, and not a loose cable from the camera to the videolink.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The Canon 5D mk3 connections are the same as the 5D mk2. There is both a mini-HDMI output and a standard four-pin video output socket. Both feeds are live when recording - unlike the Panasonic GH3. The GH cameras also feature digital and analog video outs via a mini-HDMI output and a weird proprietary connector. However, only the HDMI outputs whilst recording. The analog feed only works for playback of recorded files. An absolute waste of connector panel space.

3dbureau

Ehe ok so I can see what my 5D can see and record, just using the standard plug that comes with Zenmuse Z15 and 5.8 ghz video link with monitor, and therefore does not need a Lightbridge right....? :nevreness:

Marcmen

I own an s1000 with canon 5 d mkiii and light bridge the setup does not work high Def back to the operator you can make it work by running hdmi and reconfiguring your radio channels but you only 120 degrees of pan

3dbureau

I'm not quite sure I understand you. I'm not interested in getting the signal down in HD, just to get a video signal so I can see what the camera sees, so I can choose when to start recording or take a picture. I do not need to stream a live HD signal, which is why I just do not need a lightbridge.

Ok so I will stay away from GH4. It looked promising with K4 recording though :tennis:

Marcmen

The light bridge can send an hd signal down to your fpv. However the zenmuse gimbal does not support high def 360 degree panning on fpv link you would have to put an external hdmi cable to camera and light bridge you would loose 360 degree panning

Marcmen

I am thinking of building a gh4 gimble that will support high def to the light bridge

It would be ready In about 3 weeks. I will work with sony a 7s as well

3dbureau

Forget about high def. I'm not interested in getting a high def signal down to me while its in the air. I would just like to have a video signal so I can see what the camera sees real time and of course could panning 360 with zenmuse.

3dbureau

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2014-07-14 kl. 11.37.47.jpg
    Skærmbillede 2014-07-14 kl. 11.37.47.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 706
  • Skærmbillede 2014-07-14 kl. 11.37.47.jpg
    Skærmbillede 2014-07-14 kl. 11.37.47.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 486
Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf pilot

I have a related question , it might be ridiculous.
I'm thinking of attaching a Ronin M gimbal to DJI 1000, then adding 5dm3 to it, then to have 2 cable connections one to the DJI board and out again to FPV transmitter along with the overlay iosd, and the other connection is HMDI out to the receiver on the land station going to the Live switcher.
The ides is to skip the expensive gimbal with only suites one camera only, and to have a broad range platform ( just to bring the right cables to the relevant camera)

Is this doable? or i'm missing something?

Thanks in advance

Marcmen

Hello

Kind regards
I have done it. Tuning gimbal is very difficult. The auto tune does not work completely. The horizon on camera sometimes drifts