DJI S1000 Stock gain vibration?

Matto822

Guys,

Im running the A2 controller on the 1000 and I am getting a vibration going all the way down to the gimbal and I can see it moving. I can see the gimbal moving although it does not show up in the picture it is still a decent size vibration. When I lower my gains way down the vibration seems to go away but I never had to do this with my 800. All props are on correct and properly tightened. Any ideas with the 1000 that I could be missing?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
In much the same way you would for the tail blades on an rc helicopter. You could just weigh each blade with some digital scales and sand a bit off the heavier one. Maybe remove any labels on the motors also, every little bit helps. :nevreness:

Matto822

In much the same way you would for the tail blades on an rc helicopter. You could just weigh each blade with some digital scales and sand a bit off the heavier one. Maybe remove any labels on the motors also, every little bit helps. :nevreness:

Okay cool I will try that anything else I should be looking for on this 1000 that could cause this once my props and motors are balanced perfectly ?

Benjamin Kenobi

Vibes pretty much come from motors and props, props being the main source in my opinion. To be honest if you don't get any vibes on your footage there's no need to chase things. Is the gimbal balanced?

Matto822

Vibes pretty much come from motors and props, props being the main source in my opinion. To be honest if you don't get any vibes on your footage there's no need to chase things. Is the gimbal balanced?

So it definitely is my gains. My gains are set to my top knobs on my 14 sg and I had them at the straight up and down at the stock settings and when I lowered the gain down the vibes went away. When I go to stock settings or above the vibes get worse and worse. I have never had stock gains cause vibes or even on the s800 evo i crank the gain all the way up and they dont vibe like the 1000. I am only running the gh3 on the s1000. Could it be the less weight requires less gain?

Benjamin Kenobi

Now I have to ask, what do you mean by vibes? Vibes are generally considered high frequency vibrations that only really show up on the video. I think you're describing oscillations or fast wobbling, which are caused by high gains.

Lower gains for less weight. You're correct there.

Matto822

By vibes I can look at anything on the frame and it is jumping up and down rapidly as if something is out of balance but when I adjust the gains it goes away. You can see each boom moving up and down the batteries start bumping up and down all the way down to the actual gimbal bumping. Guess I will just have to keep the gains lower than what I am used to running. The reason I was confused is because I have seen a lot of people run this same setup with stock gains and they say they are great, guess not mine.