DJI S1000 Owners Thread - Mini Build Log

soler

I would like to know more about the way the motors are connected, are they using some some of co axis cable for that, could you post a picture of the connector?

Thanks

DJI released its new Spreading Wings S1000 octocopter platform!

S1000 72 Hour Flight Test

Please click here to know more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
The IMU has always been slightly off-centre with the S800's, and even further away from the CoG if the damping tray is used. However, there is a facility in the setup software where precise distances of IMU and GPS sensor from CoG are entered to accommodate this offset. Their recommendation is only to do with vibration levels, which they state are minimum at the centre of the frame.

I saw that in the A2 Assistant that you can identify where the IMU is mounted but it just struck me as odd that they'd make the recommendation and then locate it elsewhere in their own designs. Whatever though, so long as it works, right? Mine arrives today, looking forward to trying it out.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'd guess there are wires run to the helicopter where it's tethered in place.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Well I am awaiting a replacement A2. Do not know yet whether the first A2 is responsible for the motor spasms or not. So I'll swap it for another and see. Dunno why I always get supplied with lemons.

Nice looking heli (is it Ken?)

why does DJI position the IMU near the edge of the frame when the A2 manual says to locate it as close to the CG/center as possible?

thanks,
bart

Bart -

I think the only reason is the main power distribution hub. You can set IMU and GPS location in the assistant just like the wkm.

Ken :)

hey blade what size packs were you running, looks like a nice design that fixed some of the issues on the s800's. Do the arms have any flex?

I'm currently running 2x 8000's to get 16000mah. Zero flex in the arms since it is cf. I was honestly worried about the locking system, but it's solid!

I would like to know more about the way the motors are connected, are they using some some of co axis cable for that, could you post a picture of the connector?

Thanks

Correct its a coax wire type wire. I will post a picture of the connector in a few. Sorry it took so long for me to reply to these post but my day job has been crazy busy.

Attachments

• s1000-coax.jpg
    s1000-coax.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 276

This video isn't the best but it does show how well the airframe can handle wind. This is in 20mph winds and gust even higher. I would have waited but I was to excited to get everything together and my wife's boss wanted a picture of the construction progress of the cover (crap) drying bed.:cold:

Same video but with some minor post work done.

shyfx003

Nice..is there any chance you can send some of that sun over to the uk now please? Kinda fed up with all the wind and rain we keep getting here,but so looking forward to getting my S1000..:livid:

Thanks, does not look like it has the cross sectional area for the current but it obviously must have.

Center pin is positive..

Nice..is there any chance you can send some of that sun over to the uk now please? Kinda fed up with all the wind and rain we keep getting here,but so looking forward to getting my S1000..:livid:

I wish we could trade.. We really need some kind of precipitation. We are very dry and it's only February!

DJI S1000 Videos

DJI - Introducing the Spreading Wings S1000

DJI - S1000 72 Hour Endurance Test (External Power)

DJI - S1000 Unboxing and Assembly

SoCal Blur

Looking at the pictures of the arms, it looks like the ESCs (or equivalent) are located in the arms or built into the motors?