DJI Releases New Firmware?

what happens if you do this:

1. power off the WKM
2. launch the current 5.14 assistant and press skip
3. plug the WKM into the USB of the PC/Laptop.
4. power on WKM
5. take notice if the PC act is if it finds a new hardware.. and tries to load the drivers. and see if the assistant show.. and can you do try to update then?

Crossing-fingers for you..
KS

what happens if you do this:

1. power off the WKM
2. launch the current 5.14 assistant and press skip
3. plug the WKM into the USB of the PC/Laptop.
4. power on WKM
5. take notice if the PC act is if it finds a new hardware.. and tries to load the drivers. and see if the assistant show.. and can you do try to update then?

Crossing-fingers for you..
KS

KS: You are my hero! I am not sure why this suggestion of yours worked or how you might know that would (or could) but it did! I did exactly what you suggested and now it seems that all is well. I will fly in the morning to confirm but it all looks good so far. I wish I could buy you dinner. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Pete

np.. what goes around, comes around..:) This is a great forum that helps many.. I am new to the RC stuff, finally get to contribute..:) wahoo too!!

Good luck tomorrow.

np.. what goes around, comes around..:) This is a great forum that helps many.. I am new to the RC stuff, finally get to contribute..:) wahoo too!!

Good luck tomorrow.

After the scare I had with the bad firmware installation I was finally able to test my S800 today with firmware 5.14. It did very well when I first flew it with no winds. I shot some video and was very please with the results. Then, after reading DJI's claims to have improved the handling in windy weather, I decided to give it a try. I was amazed by how much better the S800 flew with this 5.14 then it did with 5.12. Even with the winds it just hovered beautifully with very little movement. I shot video this time too and found that it was virtually the same in terms of stability as it was in the previous video with calm winds. My S800 was terrible before with even the slightest breeze which was a real disappointment. I know that I will now feel much more confident about flying it with a stiff breeze. This will open up more opportunities to shoot both video and stills. I also believe that the APC props and DennyR's custom prop adapters have helped too.

Last edited by a moderator: