DJI released the Zenmuse Z15-5D 3-axis gimbal!

cbuk

Good to know. Is there an owners thread somewhere. I don't think I've seen any MR stuff with the Besteady yet which makes me a little nervous.

I've had my besteady up in the air and the result looks promising. I've got a second receiver coming tomorrow to control the besteady remotely so I'll give the pan and tilt a good test. I'm confident it will provide results.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
...there is always post production to fix issues...

Precisely what I have been saying all along and the reason why the Zenmuse 5D is a waste of time. If you are taking stills, you don't need pixel accurate stabilisation - because so much can be done so simply in post - so use a simple mount. If you are taking video, use a different camera eg. GH3 !!!. You will save 1.2kg on the payload and you will get a better image.

But Hey, please carry on struggling with the 5D. At least it keeps these pages active.

ddikie

Just be careful, as the EVO may struggle with these kind of weights.
I just checked the weight of the 5D MK3 and a 16-35mm Lens and it was 1630g (3.6 lbs) add onto this the weight of the Zenmuse 1.42KG (3.12 LBS)
Quite a bit of weight for an Evo to be carrying, and that's before you try adding more to balance it, and filters etc.

I was not going to run it on the EVO guys was thinking something bigger..SkyJib-8 – Ti-QR

My point was that one should not consider that the zen 5D is not necessarily a one lens setup...but for sure it would be nice to have flexibility..also considering defy G5

But lets see!

maxwelltub

Oh sorry, I miss read what you meant. I messed with the G2 and was under impressed. The build quality as well as the crazy noise it was generating. It struggled with gh2 and stock lens. G5 might be better.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I think the Black Magic Pocket Camera is the way to go for standard jobs. Saw pictures projected at the Movie Machine Cinema Camera event in London last night and it looked good after Resolve grading.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I think the Black Magic Pocket Camera is the way to go for standard jobs. Saw pictures projected at the Movie Machine Cinema Camera event in London last night and it looked good after Resolve grading.

Oh really. Do you enjoy making your life difficult?

Pathetic battery life, immature firmware, the necessity to go through the colour grading process before you have a watchable image. I suppose it all really depends upon your customer, unless it is just a hobby. As the BMPC is 'only' HD I am struggling to see who would really appreciate its output. Bigger dynamic range. OK, that's good. But that's it. It doesn't offer anything more. And serious customers will not be interested in a measly 1080 vertical lines.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I just need good Prores .mov files for editing. Clients just want the end results so grading is not a problem. The recently introduced RAW recording will be useful for some jobs plus the new version of Resolve now makes producing '1 light Rushes' easy. 1080p will suffice at the moment.

DJI released new firmware for Zenmuse Z15-5D Gimbal!

DJI released new firmware for Zenmuse Z15-5D Gimbal!

What’s new?

GCU firmware upgrade:

Support with the latest A2 flight control system firmware.

IMU firmware upgrade:

1.The motors will not enter overheat protection even in the high winds.
2.Fixed a problem that causes the pitch axis to unintentionally drop.
3.Fixed a problem that causes the gimbal to jitter when the aircraft is tilted at too large of an angle on the roll-axis. Makes shooting smoother.
4.Enhanced shoot control of the camera when controlled from the gimbal, which will not be impacted by the AUX1 channel.

Supported DJI products:

Flight control system: A2(V2.0 or above)、WKM(V5.26 or above) 、Ace one(V4.02 or above)、Ace Waypoint(V4.02 or above)

Please click here for more information.