DJI released the Zenmuse Z15-5D 3-axis gimbal!

The DJI Zenmuse Z15-5D gimbal, based on the technology of the Zenmuse Z15 series gimbal, inherited its predominant strength/weight ratio because of its unique structural design. This release marks another breakthrough in gimbal systems and the precision range of the control angle is within ±0.02°. When used with DJI A2 professional flight controller and an Octo-copter, it will remain stable and precisely with the highest level of stability in controlling any camera equipment even if the aircraft is in strong wind or at high speed. Undeniably, it is the top choice in professional filming or aerial photography.

Functions:

3-axis stabilization
Shutter control
Record control
The maximum angular velocity:
Pan 130°/s
Tilt 130°/s
Roll 30°/s
Supported camera and lens:
EOS 5D Mark II + EF 24mm f/2.8 ISUSM
EOS 5D Mark III + EF 24mm f/2.8 ISUSM

Please visit DJI website for more information!

Attachments

• z15_5d_gimbal.jpg
    z15_5d_gimbal.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 261
  • z15_5d_gimbal1.jpg
    z15_5d_gimbal1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 231
  • z15_5d_gimbal2.jpg
    z15_5d_gimbal2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 254
  • z15_5d_gimbal3.jpg
    z15_5d_gimbal3.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:

fritz99

DJI releases a new gimbal.
But they do not care to repair my Z15 that is at their factory for 3 month and I do not know when I will get it back.
I sent it to my supplier kopterworx.
They sent it to DJI.
They cannot tell me when I will get it back.

Crazy !

maxwelltub

This might have been the bomb a year ago, but being stuck with one lens, let alone one camera... not going to have the same impact as the z15. Also its time we move on from analog video signal.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
At least this time the HDMI cable doesn't look like a mouse fart would destroy it.

:highly_amused:

Z-15-5D = Waste of time. Who wants to carry around a heavy camera when you can use a lighter one and stay airborne longer. The only folks who use 5D's for aerial video are the uninformed who have not heard of a GH3.

Message to Messrs. DJI.

I have just purchased your new Zenmuse-GH3. Surprise, surprise ... It is faulty. Are you going to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

fritz99

Z-15-5D = Waste of time. Who wants to carry around a heavy camera when you can use a lighter one and stay airborne longer. The only folks who use 5D's for aerial video are the uninformed who have not heard of a GH3.

Message to Messrs. DJI.

I have just purchased your new Zenmuse-GH3. Surprise, surprise ... It is faulty. Are you going to fix it?

It will last forever....................................

Cheshirecat

I Thought the same... Too late with this version, the 5D is a great camera but it's size and weight and the fact it has been overtaken for video make this Gimbal a miss really. I have a 5DMKII but have no intention of getting on my SJ. A conversion kit for the Z-15 to take a BMPC might be a better option.

DennyR

Guys, have you ever seen DJI INNOVATIONS replied at least on one issue here?
They need to sell, rather than care about some stupid customer support.

Good point I don't see any answers, solutions or sympathy. Nothing to be found there... But if you have 80% of the market you must be doing something right.

DennyR

That is very true but I have been collecting a few frame grabs from some of the best S800/GH3 videos posted around the web and am comparing them with a few of my own GP3+ hybrid 72 degree lens camera releases. In fairness we are only comparing youtube and vimeo resolutions but you may have an even bigger disappointment up ahead. The coming technology will obsolete everything.

Quinton

Maybe people are being a bit too hasty putting this version down.
Think about it, its not so heavy with the Multirotors around today, also use Magic Lantern and you can get 14 bit Raw video from a full frame sensor.
Not to mention people who are just into taking photographs.

ChrisViperM

... But if you have 80% of the market you must be doing something right.

Just find enough credolous minds who don't read forums and believe DJI's marketing chit-chat: ".....inherited its predominant strength/weight ratio because of its unique structural design. This release marks another breakthrough in gimbal systems and the precision range of the control angle is within ±0.02° " ....that's how you get 80% market share, although I seriously doubt that figure.

Chris

jes1111

IMO this new release is invalid because of DJI's insistence on a single, fixed focal-length lens. Frankly, I find statements to the effect of "a 5D is a waste of time", "male jewellery", etc. absurd.

That is very true but I have been collecting a few frame grabs from some of the best S800/GH3 videos posted around the web and am comparing them with a few of my own GP3+ hybrid 72 degree lens camera releases. In fairness we are only comparing youtube and vimeo resolutions but you may have an even bigger disappointment up ahead. The coming technology will obsolete everything.

Groan! Yet another "will obsolete everything" prediction from Denny.

maxwelltub

Maybe people are being a bit too hasty putting this version down.
Think about it, its not so heavy with the Multirotors around today, also use Magic Lantern and you can get 14 bit Raw video from a full frame sensor.
Not to mention people who are just into taking photographs.

It actually achieves raw 14bit by using clean hdmi out to record to an external device. It won't shoot raw in camera.

maxwelltub

Oh I guess I am mistaken, I did not realize people had been able I do this in camera. He did say he wast able to get full res however.

Quinton

I have tried the 5D raw function on the 5D mark III. It´s a huge difference in comparison to standard recording and runs from a software that you copy to your CF card (which needs to be a very fast one). It records either full chip readout and scaled to 1080p raw data to the card or it takes a crop from the sensor in different choosable sizes.

The workflow is terrible but the quality is nice.

Quinton

I have tried the 5D raw function on the 5D mark III. It´s a huge difference in comparison to standard recording and runs from a software that you copy to your CF card (which needs to be a very fast one). It records either full chip readout and scaled to 1080p raw data to the card or it takes a crop from the sensor in different choosable sizes.

The workflow is terrible but the quality is nice.

Yeah indeed, I just set it up myself tonight.
First time using ML seems to be really interesting, once I get used to all the extra functions :)
I had a Lexar 1000x UDMA7 CF card in there, and it seemed to be writing at 110 MB/sec, while the sd card was only doing 12 MB/sec (Big difference)
Will be interesting to see the results tomorrow, as I don't have my CF card reader with me tonight. (Maybe time to start looking at RAW workflow)