DJI reduced price on data link

Kilby

This just shows how much mark up they have in their products. It's starting to make me never want to buy anything from them out of fear that I'll be paying double what it's value will be shortly after I buy it.

That said, I am glad that I didn't pull the trigger on one of these last week like I was planning. I wonder if they have plans to drop the price of the 900 mhz version?

Does anyone know if you can use the 2.4 version with a 2.4 radio (futaba)?

-Terry

B

Bengit

This just shows how much mark up they have in their products. It's starting to make me never want to buy anything from them out of fear that I'll be paying double what it's value will be shortly after I buy it.

That said, I am glad that I didn't pull the trigger on one of these last week like I was planning. I wonder if they have plans to drop the price of the 900 mhz version?

-Terry

Also at http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/DJI-Wookong-M-View-Data-Radio-p/dji-datar.htm

Topper

-Terry

you can use 2.4 witout an issue with the 2.4 radio... I have plenty of hours flight and had no issue with that combination. The price drop of the unit might cause by some bundles DJI is offering to dealers. If thats the case price will raise afterwards for the Data View unit when the "bundle" periode" is over. Might as well some dealers have them on stock and try to sell them away, inside the EU the usage is not legal: no CE certificate and 130 mv, even with frequenz hopping not allowed at all.

Anyone uses a Joystick with the DJI view system? What do you think about it?

I bought the reduced price 2.4ghz link and want to see how using a joystick to fly the wkm works.

I am considering the Logitech 3D pro.

Kilby

RRH, what vendor did you get yours from? Are you in the US? I can't seem to find any of the US dealers that are selling at the new price point yet.

-Terry

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I'd have to say the price drop is in response to the pricing of the YS-X6 datalink @ $200. Now that DJI has some competition from a home market company with a very similar product they can no longer get away with charging whatever they like for their goods. So far the fact they ZeroUAV is including waypoints with the basic flight controller has pushed DJI to add single waypoint to the base WKM for no additional cost, and now the release of the YS-X6 data link for less than half the price of the DJI unit has apparently caused the price drop of the DJI datalink as well.

Ken

Kilby

I'd have to say the price drop is in response to the pricing of the YS-X6 datalink @ $200. Now that DJI has some competition from a home market company with a very similar product they can no longer get away with charging whatever they like for their goods. So far the fact they ZeroUAV is including waypoints with the basic flight controller has pushed DJI to add single waypoint to the base WKM for no additional cost, and now the release of the YS-X6 data link for less than half the price of the DJI unit has apparently caused the price drop of the DJI datalink as well.

Ken

I'm sure you are right. I can't wait to see what happens in August when the cloned s800 comes out from RCTimer.

Eoin

Anyone uses a Joystick with the DJI view system? What do you think about it?

I bought the reduced price 2.4ghz link and want to see how using a joystick to fly the wkm works.

I am considering the Logitech 3D pro.

Hi,
I have a logitech 3d Pro sitting on my desk. I hope to try it out later this week with the Data Link.
I'll let you know how I get on
Eoin

snurre

Well I bought the 2,4 GHz link a few weeks ago. Just got the s/n to activate.What a perfect timing! Not :(

Kilby

you can use 2.4 witout an issue with the 2.4 radio... I have plenty of hours flight and had no issue with that combination. The price drop of the unit might cause by some bundles DJI is offering to dealers. If thats the case price will raise afterwards for the Data View unit when the "bundle" periode" is over. Might as well some dealers have them on stock and try to sell them away, inside the EU the usage is not legal: no CE certificate and 130 mv, even with frequenz hopping not allowed at all.

Hey Topper, just curious, what kind of 2.4 radio are you using this with? I'm running Futaba and just wondering if it's been tested with that set up yet.

-Terry

Eoin

Hi Kilby,
If it's any help, I've been using my 2.4 data link with a futaba T8FG Super for a couple of months now. I've never had any problems.

Kilby

Hi Kilby,
If it's any help, I've been using my 2.4 data link with a futaba T8FG Super for a couple of months now. I've never had any problems.

Thanks. That's the same radio I have, so I appreciate you confirming that. I'm going to place an order for the data link now. How do you like it so far?