DJI prop guards installed on Phantom

Burntpixel

The fine folks at Atlanta Hobby sent me these today.Hopefully will save the Zingers from getting ground to a pulp.
icon_lol.gif

I would be using this sort of set-up on commercial interior video shoots. The guards add a little prop protection and also an air of safety for those concerned with spinning props while used indoors. I do think I need to explore a wider landing gear stance though! Looking into a couple of options on ShapeWays.

View attachment 12247View attachment 12248

Attachments

• P6060003_zpsa5394a88.jpg
    P6060003_zpsa5394a88.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 128
  • P6060002_zpsad0539f5.jpg
    P6060002_zpsad0539f5.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 136

iceman17

I've seen other photo's of these before but none of them had string around them, was this you idea or do they come like that. I will be getting these when they become available locally. You phantom looks great with the wooden props.

Burntpixel

I've seen other photo's of these before but none of them had string around them, was this you idea or do they come like that. I will be getting these when they become available locally. You phantom looks great with the wooden props.

Iceman. The props came with the nylon string. I do not know if this is a plus or not. Guess I will have to crash the Phantom into something like a tree to find out. That crash WILL happen.:highly_amused: I just painted the 2 forward prop guards "Italian red" for visibility. Now I am thinking about painting the whole quad. I used paint from a company called "Tamiya Color". It is specifically formulated for plastic,s which is what the Phantom is made of. I believe Poly Styrene is the type.