DJI - Phantom X Concept

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
not too many DJI Fanboys but I think you'll definitely find respect for what they've been able to accomplish while everyone else is basically stepping on their d**ks

do we need a Phantom X Official Owners' Thread yet? just say the word, we'll be the first!

Old Man

Haven't looked at any of the Phantom X stuff yet but the new Inspire cameras are certainly good stuff. The stills are incredible for consumer level equipment.

Area21

Area21
I am personally not against or in fact for any one specific manufacturer, However I must say DJI have significantly helped in the world of SUAS (drones) and have made some amazing marketable products in reach of the many whilst adding to the competition which is good for the consumer. I am now watching DJI's link with Hsselblad to see what camera development is created in the future. Its all good stuff stimulating those grey cells as Hercule Poirot says.

Link to the DJI Phantom X Concept as requested by Violetwolf.
http://www.diyphotography.net/djis-concept-phantom-x-presents-the-future-of-drones/

Enjoy and have a nice day.

Old Man

Not the most flattering product article by any means. OTOH, the girls used in the shoot looked pretty good:p

SamaraMedia

It looks to me as a computer animated marketing tool for what "might" be available in the future. While DJI has advanced this hobby/industry, they have also contributed to the downfall releasing products before they are fully tested, supported and available. I own some DJI gear and like most of what I use but I don't care for their marketing of products that anyone can fly or that can fly by themselves. IMO that is why we have so much attention to the reckless actions of some with their "drones" like the Phantom's (full disclosure - I own a P2 but rarely fly it these days).

Watching the video, the actions of the drone flying through the trees following people looks too fake to me. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and prefer to fly my rigs using the skills I've gained through building my own crafts, this website and time behind the sticks, but to each his own. IF the X ever comes to market, I'm sure DJI will sell thousands, 100's of thousands even...

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

There have been several in the small toy category that can be thrown and then have the throttle advanced and fully self recover from the gyrations of the toss. I flew one of them in my living room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Y0urDaddy

I saw a similar product I think was called lily, or something like that. Basically you had a transponder and it would follow you around and such. Myself I like to fly them, so I am not too sure how excited I would be to have one that basically follows me around and such.

with that said I do think it is a neat looking product type. If you were a film maker, or just really like HD video of you running, skiing, ect you may want one of these

violetwolf

Yeah that video is all CGI for sure. (I dabble in cg)

Vapour-ware to promt discussion of DJI products ;)

Hey, it worked :) Clever Christmas marketing indeed lol

Area21

Area21
Yeah that video is all CGI for sure. (I dabble in cg)

Vapour-ware to promt discussion of DJI products ;)

Hey, it worked :) Clever Christmas marketing indeed lol
I believe you are quite right and its a CGI of the future, but its very clever and interesting.