DJI Phantom 2 Vision +!!!

Tahoe Ed

I was not impressed with the beginning but the images at the end were impressive. We shot some video at NAB and I was really impressed with both the video and the stills. We will be posting later.

PYarnall

I am very interested to see one or two still DNG files taken at the 85 deg setting. A pic of anything would be fine and not necessarily airborne... in fact I would prefer the bird stationary. I want to evaluate the quality of the still image files. I would be most grateful. File(s) could be DropBoxed. I requested some from a supplier, but they have not responded. Can't spend the $ on one without knowing the photographic capability.

Many thanks to anyone who might help here.

dronesetc

In stock at dronesetc. Even from the unboxing you can see and feel the improved quality that DJI has put into this latest version.

Tahoe Ed

I thought you guys might be interested in a video that I did this evening. This is direct from Dropbox to Vimeo. I changed from Phantom to NazaM in Assistant, enabled IOC and set the third position of the mode switch to Failsafe. I did nothing else. A few high speed passes, a quick piro and a nice shot of the sunset with a plane landing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Took some stills with my + today. They are in jpg and not raw and I used gimp to smooth out the fish eye a little. NO adjust from the box. I will have to play around with the setting and see what I can do.
This is a shot just above my house at about 300'
I hate how Photobucket destroys the res....sigh
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/JaysMedia/Home Shots/4242014_zps805e88b0.jpg
4242014_zps805e88b0.jpg

PauloT

I took a lot of videos around NAB and here's one of them. DJI reps going over the latest products including the Phantom 2 Vision Plus and their gimbal called Ronin. I also included a flight demonstration of the Phantom 2 Vision Plus in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNWrYiPTVQ

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
guys, i see a lot of commercial posts in this thread, please be aware that if you are here representing a website, hobby shop, manufacturer, youtube channel, etc you need to please state that in your signature line.

if you're here in support of something or someone then you need to declare it please.

thank you,
bart

DennyR

Ed here's one I did this week with a standard Phantom Vision + it is edited in FCP with fish eye removal from FCP effects.com The internal shots are also shot with the phantom being carried by hand.
I shot four other golf courses this week using just this piece of kit. it saves a lot of time and money. :tennis:

When you speed things up by 8x it shows every unwanted movement. So my conclusion is that the new 3 axis gimbal works very well.
It was a long time ago when I suggested that they put the image sensor and the lens on the gimbal and then put everything else external.
They finally did it......