Dji osd

VINHEX

I've fitted mine the other day on wkm well cool worth every penny. I was worried when setting up but when I got confirmation on wiring worked first time.

View attachment 7496

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352021387.412369.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352021387.412369.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 359

Need some help
i have the NAZA with GPS and the Wookong M. I also have the 5.8G, 500 mW Video tx and rx... i want to use the SmartOSD only cause i am an Ex Fighter Pilot and the display totally resemble the Head Up Display in the cockpit... but how do i hook up the SmarOSD to the wooking M,, cause it has to get the GPS and other data from the controller.... any kind of help or a diagram on how to hook up will be of great help..
regards
Ramesh Tahlan

VINHEX

Being quite new to FPV myself I could not give a definitive answer, however I don't believe there is any way to connect to the WKM, other than via DJI's iOSD via can bus. Don't quote me on this, but the iOSD is quite new in the product range and this has a USB port for updates ect.. I'm am wondering that maybe at a later date you will be able to change the display settings as you can in the DataLink which looks pretty similar to the SmartOSD.

Hi WINF550,
actually dont want to change any data.. just that somehow i could hook up SmartOSD to wookong M, and since in the Wooking plug there r 4 wires,,, i guess two are positive and negative and the other two for the Satellite signal data.. but how do i hook up. Dont want to burn out the wookong or the osd.... that is the only worry of experimentation....

VINHEX

Hi, I think you must be referring to the PMU which controls the power supply. There are 3 wires I would guess that as you say the first two are + - however I've no idea on the other I would defiantly not split.. I've blown a PMU when I first got my kit where this was not connected to any part and just tested the battery feed (smoked) and brought a new one £60.00. I would recommend contacting DJI direct on this subject.

Wish you luck

Tahoe Ed

Ramesh, the WKM doesn't play well with others. You will not be able to the data you need from DJI for a non-DJI application, read closed source, proprietary what ever. I have an EagleTrees OSD and I use a second GPS unit to give me the data. My guess is that you are going to have to do the same.

ok,
thanks for that info
looks like i will have to send a msg to the SmartOSD guys to know if it will work in a stand alone mode and with its own gps attached to it
thanks
ramesh tahan

rwilabee

My WKM doesn't seem to be outputting anything to the iOSD. I see the OSD on my screen with the headers but no data from the WKM. Did you always use it with 5.16. I am at 5.02. I guess I should try to update to 5.16 and see what happens. Were you always at 5.16 when you set up the iOSD. I ran the cable from the WKM to the middle port of the iOSD so that isn't the problem.

I've fitted mine the other day on wkm well cool worth every penny. I was worried when setting up but when I got confirmation on wiring worked first time.

View attachment 9705

rwilabee

Well now that it is working I just have to try and relate Meters to Feet. To bad they don't have a way to switch to Feet or MPH, etc.

Rich

VINHEX

iOSD not currently setup for naza only WKM but I think it's coming.

Vin
DJI F550, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Graupner 10x5 e-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, Bank balance 0.00
DJI iOSD