DJI Naza Assistant software wont run

Andjons

I am a newby, and so probably getting myself into an unnecessary muddle.
I have built a quad using x650 frame, and Naza FC. All plugged up, and I get a rapid orange flash from the VU. I have managed to instal the driver - eventually. However, when I try to start the Naza Assistant, I get a small box asking me to sign in. I try to register, but after waiting a little while, I get an error "timeout" message, saying "network is abnormal, Check the network status". I have no idea what this means. My network is fine and dandy. I think I need to get into the software to try to sort out the flashing orange light. I have no idea where to go from here.
Please help, you lovely people.

Dr.Tim

Approach Engineering, ATS
I would reboot the Computer then retry ... Sometimes the drivers and program need to complete the install ..

Andjons

Thanks for that, but I have rebooted 3 times already! I am thinking perhaps there is a problem with the network ar THEIR end... If not, I don't know where to turn.

Andjons

Yes. So far as I can see, I have done everything right: Tx bound, all plugged in and turned on, USB plugged in. Still, I get the timeout message. I cannot even register the software.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Did you buy your naza new or used? If used, I'm not sure how the naza recognizes the new owner, if new I'd contact your vendor. The naza manual says rapid blinking orange lights means Tx signal lost. Hope you get it sorted, maybe delete all the naza software and start over with a new download?

I do not think it has anything to do with the new owner. I build F550, Wookongs kits allot, and always use the same software. I have gotten the Network error before, but was able to just close it and continue setting up the copter.

Andjons

It is a new kit. I am glad someone else has seen this error message before, but unfortunately I cannot close it and continue setting up - when I close it, that the end. The software does not open. AAAAARGH!

Andjons

I have reinstalled and uninstalled and reinstalled, and rebooted, over and over again. I have tried the links you gave - thanks - but that is what I already had.
The flashing light is yellow/ornage, not red. But there is no problem with the Tx - it is bound and the indicator lights on the receiver are lit, constantly, as they should be. Could there be a problem between the receiver and the Naza? I don't see why - I have the servo leads properly connected. I cannot work it out, and it is driving me crazy.

Hmmm You have me stumped on this one. I assume the flashing yellow is because your in Atti mode. If it is flashing rapidly that is something else. I had unplugged my throttle cable to the reciever once to do something to program some ESC's, and it flashed rapidly because there was no signal from the reciever to the naza for the throttle CH. Hopefully, someone else will chime in and solve this. I bet you wont be the last with this issue. Sorry I couldnt have been of more help. I know what its like waiting by the computer, hoping for a responce oon how to fix it.

Andjons

I have plugged each of the ESCs into the Throttle jack on the Receiver, in turn. They respond nicely to movements in the throttle. Thus it is clear there is no problem with the binding, and there is no problem with the receiver. I cannot see why there would a problem with the connections between the receiver and the Naza. I can only imagine that the Naza needs to be set up properly with the Assistant (perhaps to sort out the failsafe), but that doesn't explain why the software wont start.
Any more ideas???

Eoin

Hi Andjons,
Not sure if I can help but I have had similar problems with my Wookong and setup software in the past. The two main causes I found were a network error, whereby the software couldn't contact the DJI server. In this situation the software just sat at the splash screen and would not go any further. This seemed to be on DJI's side but was resolved pretty quickly. The other cause was that although I had the Wookong plugged into the USB on my PC I had forgotten to connect it to my 3 S battery. Perhaps this is clutching at straws but I often have success with software issues by doing a full uninstall of the software and a registry clean. I presume your on Windows. I would suggest not using the default uninstaller as it's not very good. Download something like 'Uninstall Tool' Use it to uninstall the software and get it to clean the registry. Then do a new install. This is like setting up virgin software on your PC and will allow you to confirm that the problem is not caused by a dodgy previous install which is causing a conflict.
This might not help you but worth a try.
Hope you get it sorted, I know how frustrating it can be.
Regards
Eoin

Andjons

Thanks for that Eoin. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I will try your suggestion. Hopefully it is just a problem on DJI's side, and it will be sorted when they go back to work in a few hours!

nebeski

I had same problem on my XP running in VMware on linux.
I dont know was the problem in XP or in virtual machine.
Same NAZA Assistant installed on other computer running on Windows 7 worked fine.

NYREPS

I am having the same problem with the orange flashing lights ,I just got dji f450 kit with naza from eBay seller gonitrohobbies and I ask them if my Devo7 would work on that kit and he said yes so I went ahead and ordered the RX701 for my devo7 it the receiver came I installed it same thing orange flashing light so I was like ok this is not working after messing around with it for day's so I went back to nitrohobbies and ordered the spektrum dx6I combo with ar6210 because I know that would work for sure because all the videos I seen on YouTube lots of people had that remote ok so I ordered it ...few days later the dx6i came and the jerkoff only sent me the remote only with out the receiver do I emailed him an said hey you forgot my RX !!! Ok he said sorry and sent me the RX got it yesterday ....but the bind plug was not in there wtf!!! Now I just emailed him again as he has not gotten back to me yet ,,,I hope when I get this bind plug it will bound and start this baby up for the first time ...if this don't work then it has to be the naza controller is bad.let me know what you guys think.

I had this issue with the crappy assistant software quite often, it would appear to be an intermittent routing or IP filtering issue on the DJI side. When the assistant software starts up it tries to make a connection to 'upgrade.dji-innovations.com' on port 8080 but quite often there is no route to the host or the port is simply closed, rejecting the connection and causing the software to barf.
How I got around this was to use a VPN endpoint in Hong Kong, since then no problems.

I would disable my windows firewall and also if this is a corporate firewall turn off the Proxy and run the program from an administrator account.

I am a newby, and so probably getting myself into an unnecessary muddle.
I have built a quad using x650 frame, and Naza FC. All plugged up, and I get a rapid orange flash from the VU. I have managed to instal the driver - eventually. However, when I try to start the Naza Assistant, I get a small box asking me to sign in. I try to register, but after waiting a little while, I get an error "timeout" message, saying "network is abnormal, Check the network status". I have no idea what this means. My network is fine and dandy. I think I need to get into the software to try to sort out the flashing orange light. I have no idea where to go from here.
Please help, you lovely people.

DennyR

The network error just means the assistant is not connected to the internet. Could be a driver problem. But if you sort that problem and still don't see a green light then it is a connection problem at the USB cable.

I think it is more likely a problem with the LED V-Sen Unit. If the mini USB socket has been pulled about it has probably lost a connection inside. Try moving it about and you may see the green light come on. If that happens then you need a new one.

NYREPS

Ok I found out the problem last night ...the reason the program is not opening up is because the naza programs has not been extracted ,,,you need to download a program to extract the RAR files,and make sure to use yahoo or gmail account to register I use Comcast at first it didn't work,and no body told me I had to aim the naza forward to work I found that out the hard way when I started up the quad for the first time and it wanted to do the flip of death on take off ,hope this helps