DJI motor spinner screw replacement?

Dewster

I've been looking for a solution to prevent my props from coming off. When I initially built my copter I tested it and had two props fly off. It was just a ground test for pitch, yaw etc. It surprised me. I tightened the nuts and after a few more tests I had the same thing happen. My solution (I'm open to correct methods) was to use plumber's tape on the thread and Scotch 5lb mounting tape above the nut. Believe it or not, the mounting tape absorbs the vibration that causes the nut to shake loose. I've had several flights without issues. After every two flights I check to see if the nuts have loosened and haven't found one in danger of coming off (loose). Any correct methods for securing a nut would be greatly appreciated. I've seen enough videos of multicopters crashing from props that came loose...not to mention those that break.

Nylock is the answer. Forget what I said above. Nylocks and a washer will keep your props on.

Olemil

I happen to find these on EBay, seems like they would kill two birds with one stone. Nyloc nut with a built in washer, little pricey but I guess it's still a lot cheaper than a prop flying off. :nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

nhirsch

I happen to find these on EBay, seems like they would kill two birds with one stone. Nyloc nut with a built in washer, little pricey but I guess it's still a lot cheaper than a prop flying off. :nevreness:

After having one of my props fly off and my Phantom crash and lost the SD card in the process, I'm ordering the ideal nut for the Phantom propeller. M6-1, 5.85 mm high, titanium grade 5 with nylock with 13mm flange. Use 10mm wrench. Lighter than steel and stronger. Am interested in who else might want some of these so maybe can get price down. Price will be approx $5/ea. View attachment 11919View attachment 11920

Attachments

• idealphantomnut2_resize.jpg
    idealphantomnut2_resize.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 317
  • idealphantomnut_resize.jpg
    idealphantomnut_resize.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 298