DJI Lightbridge NEW price tag!!

DJI Lightbrige will be shipping early May with a new price!

http://www.uav-outlet.com/dji-lightbridge-2-4ghz/

LightBridge_02__42367.1391204535.1000.1200.jpg

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I like to be able to move around when I fly and have my cam op stay close but this would be a nightmare of wires dangling between the 2 radios. Too bad they have to make everything proprietary but I guess thats why all their products work so reliably.:0

Tahoe Ed

Ed, have you heard if with the official release if you can use an iPad or iPhone?

I have not but they were talking about it at NAB. The new app is now out for the android and works well. I will be getting a production test version shortly and be able to show what it can do. Here is a short video that shows the app and assistant. Sorry for the lack of audio. The only thing that I noted was lack of HL on the IOC indicator. It showed CL and POI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

I like to be able to move around when I fly and have my cam op stay close but this would be a nightmare of wires dangling between the 2 radios. Too bad they have to make everything proprietary but I guess thats why all their products work so reliably.:0

Just use a second radio for your camera operator. You can set him up with a slave unit for clean video down.

Tahoe Ed

It will happen. This issue is with the video in to the iOS. It is not that simple with the Apple products. The android is easier to do this with.

Flubbs

Just use a second radio for your camera operator. You can set him up with a slave unit for clean video down.

I guess you could cable him in the short term on an HDMI, as it seems there is no info on a receive only unit, why would you buy two complete systems at £1000 uk just to get a second receiver to act as a slave, also surely if you use a 2.4G system for the gimbal controller there is a fairly high power transmitter sat next to a 2.4G receiver on the airframe, so what is the reliability of the gimbal systemsadly i was looking forward to this unit coming out, but now am looking at the thick end of £4k (BMPCC or GH4 + Gimbal which hasnt been released yet) to upgrade everything to get my pre-ordered system to work, how it should. or am i missing something completely before i cancel my order????

OR can you connect from the Gimbal port on the air unit direct to the IMU on top of the GH3 gimbal eliminating the GCU guessing not.....