DJI Lightbridge - 2.4G Full HD Digital Video Downlink

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
There is no interference at all. If you are connecting a separate Rx/Tx for control then that is a different situation, however, I will say that many users are using two Rx's on the Futaba to control both the craft and the gimbal. None of them have reported interference problems.

Tahoe, you are missing my point I think. Two TXs working side by side to two RXs side by side- not a problem, I totally agree. But if you put a TX next to an RX as per Flubbs idea ie that he would maintain a totally separate comd link to the LB then you are asking for problems.

So yest LB can be a good option for those of you using Futaba for the rest of us the LB might not be such a great idea.

Tahoe Ed

Right now it is speculation on everyones part. We have little information and no hands on test other than the Chinese video. It looks promising and I would like t get my hands on one. Just an FYI. I will use my Futaba to pilot my S800 and give my camera operator my JR9503 to do his thing. Both with RF shut off.

mitmit

Right now it is speculation on everyones part. We have little information and no hands on test other than the Chinese video. It looks promising and I would like t get my hands on one. Just an FYI. I will use my Futaba to pilot my S800 and give my camera operator my JR9503 to do his thing. Both with RF shut off.

There is nothing to speculate about: Lightbridge is 2,4Ghz. if you have any 2,4 tx on the airborne side - you can not use ordinary 2,4 R/C. easy way to check this out - try to fly with 2,4 video tx and 2,4 r/c :)
it is not a problem when you use zenmuse - no need to separate your gimbal from the copter to have unlimited 360 pan.
But if you want to use LB with not proprietary DJI gimbal (without sliprings), you need to have everything separately on the gimbal side - battery, rc rx, video tx. in this case you will be limited to only use UHF to control your copter.

eyeball

Quinton...sorry for going slightly off topoic but its with ref to your last post on here ,
With regards to the ye olde problem of 1/2/ man setup even with a 360pan is soon to be a thing of the past and this is with gimbals that are totally isolated (no wires) from the copter... I'm presently beta testing a unit that allows for Spektrum to fly one man with tilt and shutter with the ability to remotely turn off the Gimbal should you choose, then if you want to switch to 2 man at "anytime, even in flight" all you have to do is turn on your Futaba camera man radio and bingo your gimbal instantly switches to full 360 with shutter.It works like a charm, is super simple and a lot less cabling than before.

Quinton

Quinton...sorry for going slightly off topoic but its with ref to your last post on here ,
With regards to the ye olde problem of 1/2/ man setup even with a 360pan is soon to be a thing of the past and this is with gimbals that are totally isolated (no wires) from the copter... I'm presently beta testing a unit that allows for Spektrum to fly one man with tilt and shutter with the ability to remotely turn off the Gimbal should you choose, then if you want to switch to 2 man at "anytime, even in flight" all you have to do is turn on your Futaba camera man radio and bingo your gimbal instantly switches to full 360 with shutter.It works like a charm, is super simple and a lot less cabling than before.

Well with the R7008SB receiver (according to the manual) it is possible to link your transmitter to 2 of them at the same time, so you could have 1 on your MR and another on your gimbal.
This should allow you to easily change from 1 man to 2.
I was about to buy a 2nd one to try it, but then the Lightbridge was announced so I held off.

@mitmit At the moment I can not see how you can do more than 360 degrees pans, as a cable is coming from the LB to your camera, it is not located through any slip rings.
Again just speculating as it is what it shows in the DJI video, who knows what the final one will be like.

mitmit

@mitmit At the moment I can not see how you can do more than 360 degrees pans, as a cable is coming from the LB to your camera, it is not located through any slip rings.
Again just speculating as it is what it shows in the DJI video, who knows what the final one will be like.

yep this is another stumbling block with LB. probably they will impliment some digital HD video transfer through sliprings, I've heard some speculations that it is possible with bmpcc zen.

maxwelltub

What do you suppose that blue dot on the table is for? you can watch a frame by frame, when he picks up the TX it disappears for a second, but it doesn't appear to be hiding anything.

Tahoe Ed

I apologize in advance. This is a short video showing how I have the Lightbridge mounted on my 8FGS and my A2 F550. I will be doing some flight tests tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vojec

When I watch 3rd and 2nd video from the top I ask my self is it video delay really 80ms. From what I saw is more than that.
In 2nd video at 1:16 sec guy said that is delay 80ms, right. But when you watch 3rd from 2:46 and close look moving hand from his head to table. I guess it is more likely 0.4sec. can someone confirm?

Well here is my first test with the Lightbridge. I installed it on the Phantom 2Z for my testing. It will go on the s1000 once I do more testing. Need these winds to die down a bit to get some more flights in! :tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

adanac

It's great to see that but it should be noted for future viewers that it's 8 minutes of the shot of the phone. :)

What is a P2Z?