DJI iOSD Released Software

Well I just upgraded my Mark 1 firmware to 1.06. Cannot flight test since my Wkm MC is still not replaced from 3 months ago.

ChrisViperM

Cannot flight test since my Wkm MC is still not replaced from 3 months ago.

Jesus...3 month !!! Did you do it through a dealer or directly with DJI ? If it's in China, than good luck. They have their big New Years / Spring festival coming up at 9-15 Feb...and then nobody knows how long it might take them to come back on track.
Rice wine is known to be dangerous and can damage brain cells.....:tennis:

Chris

VINHEX

Uploaded mine last night and all appears to be working ok. Not done any flying as yet due to still building my mulit. Hopefully should get some results through this weekend.

hover.ch

So it is possible to do a firmware upgrade on "old" iOSD too, right?
Does that also include the logging capabilities or what exactly is the difference between an upgarded iOSD and an iOSD Mark II?

VINHEX

Yep mine is the mark 1. When I contact DJI about the difference it was to do with making the unit compatible to more cameras not sure which ones but apparently that is it. I used the USB lead provided with the WKM to connect. Seemed very straight forward in upgrading.

There is options to warn you when flying low and high which is cool for FPV. The new firmware for the WKM also allows you to restrict your flight on height and distance so hopefully you can lock down it down. Must admit this does help with FPV laws about height and distance at least you have evidence that you can restrict your unit to legal requirements. Only an added thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

It's installed and tested in learning mode. I've not had the opportunity to fly with it yet due to having and keep upgrading components fpv ect.. and now upgraded the frame. I will be using it once I've got my new frame setup all running smooth. A lot of people have had great results with her.. Can also just be used for tracking your bird should she come down for one reason of another. If flying FPV you could then look at the map to check where she is, subject to spotter not knowing of course..

Digitech

yes you can , all users who purchased a iosd can use the upgrades.
there has been always a Memory card inside every iosd

hover.ch

Good to hear that from an official site, thanks. So, apart from the camera compatibility issue, there is not difference between a iOSD and an IOSD Mark II.

Digitech

well if you own one that has a small white dot next to the text for the connector its a mark II
the V1 had some issues if you did not use a original zenmuse but a different source.
later on they made the V2 (with the dot) , and now the mark II.
DJI remarked that all iosd could be upgraded , to enable log functions.

zeng

I seem to be unable to upgrade. Mine is version 1. It shows firmware 0.47 beta and "no updates available" in the assistant...

peterd

Attachments

• bandicam 2013-01-31 12-08-50-625.jpg
    bandicam 2013-01-31 12-08-50-625.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 271
  • bandicam 2013-01-31 12-08-59-046.jpg
    bandicam 2013-01-31 12-08-59-046.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 360

hover.ch

It's a pitty if you get beta-firmware delivered already, but if you then cannot upgrade, that's more than irritating. I wonder would will happen with my IOS (V1)...