Dji iOSD Mark ii getting heat up

nileshafilms

Pankaj Sharma
Hi, I've skyjib 8 TI-QR with A2, dji iosd mark ii, powerhungry board, 10900 6s battery all installed by ATI, Usa.
I recently find out that Dji IOSD getting hot and because of that it has melted av out ground cable of it.
I think its getting over voltage..
kindly give your suggestions to fix it.

Attachments

• sIMG20140709160903.jpg
    sIMG20140709160903.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 167
  • sIMG20140709160842.jpg
    sIMG20140709160842.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 210

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The iOSD does get pretty warm during use, especially if you're not flying it as the airflow usually keeps it cool. It's fine running on 6S lipos, most of us use it that way.

Is the iOSD located in moving air in the frame?

soler

It does get warm but not hot enough to melt cables

If you disconnect the AV Signal and vTX cable does it still heat up with power supplied? If not then it sounds like there is a voltage issue powering the camera of vTX as I am not sure how it is connected. Are you using the iOSD to power the vTX?

nileshafilms

Pankaj Sharma
Yes.. I removed all cables to check weather its heating or not but it heats up only with power connected. . And donno about wirings because ATI people did it

growe19

Hi, I've skyjib 8 TI-QR with A2, dji iosd mark ii, powerhungry board, 10900 6s battery all installed by ATI, Usa.
I recently find out that Dji IOSD getting hot and because of that it has melted av out ground cable of it.
I think its getting over voltage..
kindly give your suggestions to fix it.

I had this yesterday, not to the point where it melted a cable. But it had the potential. I carried out some tested with a laser digital thermometer at got accurate temperature readings.

I unplugged everything from the iOSD MkII so it only had power. It started from cold at 18c/64f and after 60 seconds raised to 24c/75f.

I plugged in each individual cable and tested the temperature at the start, 30 seconds and 60 seconds. Generally it was about 24c/75f with everything plugged it.... until I came to the AV OUT cable.

After 30 seconds it had leaped to 116c/240f. After 60 seconds it was 126c/258f. I carried on and after several minutes it reached 200c/392f!!!

No idea why it is doing this as it's an output. The FPV screen was displaying the iOSD telemetry information but wasn't showing any picture from the camera. It was completely white.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Have you got a short circuit going on there then? Sounds like you may have the camera's cables wired incorrectly.

growe19

Have you got a short circuit going on there then? Sounds like you may have the camera's cables wired incorrectly.

It's the AV-OUT cable that is causing the issue though. With the camera on and feeding the unit it doesn't get hot. It only reacts with the AV-OUT cable connected. Would you still consider it a camera cable issue?

I'm not discrediting. Just trying to clarify.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Yes I would- also check what the AV out cable is connected to at the other end.