DJI Intelligent Battery for Phantom 2 Vision

The PATENTED DJI Intelligent Flight Battery, is 5200mAh.

1. Easy to Plug-in and take out.
New connectors make plugging in the battery and pulling it out super easy.

2. Precise Battery Level Indication
Battery levels used to be estimated by measuring voltage. As the motor spins, voltage drops making these estimates inaccurate. The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery monitors the total amount of energy consumed, so it can offer a precise battery level indication.

3. Super Long Flight Time
The Phantom 2 Vision flew for 28 minutes covering around 10 miles. This has never been achieved before.

4. Integrated Battery Level Checker
Find out remaining battery levels whenever you want, without a multi-meter or battery level detector.

5. Much Easier to Recharge
All balancing and protection circuits are integrated inside the battery, making charging as simple as connecting the battery to the charger. Battery indicator lights will keep you updated on charge progress.

6. Safer than Ever
Short protection and large current protection are all integrated into the battery.

7. Increasing the Battery Life
a) In the past, if a battery is dropped it may stop working. The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery’s frame protects the cells, keeping batteries safe.

b) In the past, if the battery isn’t disconnected, it will drain and become unusable. The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery has low voltage protection. Once it reaches a certain limit, it will turn itself off.

DennyR

I just heard from my local dealer that there is a delay on shipping Visions due to a PROBLEM. That is a good start!!! rather see them getting it right BEFORE they take your money....

cootertwo

There is some kind of problem with shipping lipo's out of China. Everybody's behind. Must be some new home land security thing? The new battery is interesting, but too expensive at the moment. I'm sure there will be other companies coming out with their own, and cheaper too.

soler

Chinese companies filing patents...whatever next!

You can easily buy patents in China (not all patents are world wide), it is easy to get tax breaks from the government if you do so. Not sure if DJI have actually filled this patent or its just marketing.

hexacop

HexaCop
What the hack could be so intelligent on this battery?
Protection Circuit Boards are used since ever with Lipo batteries in all other applications, from laptop, mobiles to electric bikes ...
One additional part which may cause other problems you may not have experienced before ... not to talk about the extra COST...

Quinton

What the hack could be so intelligent on this battery?
Protection Circuit Boards are used since ever with Lipo batteries in all other applications, from laptop, mobiles to electric bikes ...
One additional part which may cause other problems you may not have experienced before ... not to talk about the extra COST...

The intelligent thing is that only DJI can supply them, probably why they have patented it to try and stop any cheap knockoffs coming out of China.
They will have 10s of thousands of these things sell, and each customer will have to buy quite a few "DJI" batteries as they are the only ones that work.
They will probably make more on the batteries than they ever will on the vision.

DennyR

You notice that they refer to it as a battery and not a Lipo. It all sounds to me like Nanophosphate Life PO4 technology which is better than Lithium Polymer in many ways. In particular the way it is not sensitive to minimum discharge levels or drop off the cliff once it gets near exhaustion. It requires a strong case to stop the cell layers from expanding but in every other way it is better and a lot safer. That would explain the casing that DJI have made. They also cycle on for ever by comparison.
Energy recovery systems on high performance vehicles use this type where power to weight is critical. It has to arrive here soon.
Cant see a chinese patent stopping an American invention from being knocked off before it has even reached the retailers somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

eyeball

Ive heard the new intelligent battery may not be a clever as they thought...as its clever monitor part has been telling the vision that the battery is flat whilst in flight and then there dropping out of the skies..OOOps!

Tahoe Ed

Ive heard the new intelligent battery may not be a clever as they thought...as its clever monitor part has been telling the vision that the battery is flat whilst in flight and then there dropping out of the skies..OOOps!

That has already been addressed with the latest firmware update. Most cases were caused by contamination on the small leads. Now you will get a warning but not a forced landing.

DennyR

Where did that come from?

eyeball

Tut...you go away for a weeks flying in Peru and when I get back it seems the multirotor word has moved on once again. lol
It was information I got told on my return, with no direct location information.. I few the first Sample Vision the came into the UK a couple of months ago as I was head builder/ pilot for a certain UK QC supplier.

DennyR

The secret technology could be in the form of a super capacitor that stores energy and releases it to the system at certain times of high discharge.

That has already been addressed with the latest firmware update. Most cases were caused by contamination on the small leads. Now you will get a warning but not a forced landing.

Ed... I don't know how this forum handles shills but members need to be aware that your compensated by DJI and Empire Hobby to post on all the forums you can in support of their product. All of your product is provided to you FREE of charge.
Anyone can search your posts and see that you never post an issue although you do post them to the DJI Team. I think it would be in the best interest of the forum and it's members to know when you post it is in the best interest of DJI

Shill: A shill is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization."Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns.

How do I know this? I was on Team DJI as is Ed and 3 others until they required that we keep all issues off the forum and not report anything negative. To me that is not tech support. That is a cover up and I will not be both a member and a shill for anyone. If anyone feels this information is false I have every e-mail that the Team copies us on. If you want to know who the other members are, just PM me.

Forums should be a place to come for honest information about a product. Not to be filled with false information from compensated members.