DJI H3 2D Zenmuse gimbal

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
At &700, I wonder if anyone will actually buy one. I mean, the damn thing is more expensive than the 350, 450 and even more expensive then the Phantom. I was interested in one, but not for that crazy price.... no thank you.

maxwelltub

There are more haters who haven't used it or know what they are talking about then feed back from actual users. I'm interested to hear from users. Not that I want to get into it because what's the point, but if you look at other gimbals that compare in performance this actually a reasonable price. From what I can tell the next best gimbal is about 300-400 cheaper. So for that extra money you get integrated hd to sd conversion and output for your fpv transmitter, gopro record stop control, aux power to gopro, (which is good because gopro battery only last an hour). And to top it all off you have high quality build and integrated wiring. You can do all this for cheaper if you do it all yourself but most likely it wont be as clean, and the time and parts would end up costing more, depending on what your time is worth. To me all these facts make the price worth it, if its not worth it for you then don't get it but its getting old hearing people complain about it.

Burntpixel

Well,I am in line to get one. I like the fit and finish. I like the capabilities. One small video job will pay for it.

ZAxis

Our's shipped today so should get it tomorrow.
Looked up the manual and instructional videos on the DJI web site and noticed that they have a version of undercarriage legs for the f450 I can't see for sale on the web...
View attachment 12570

Anyone know where to get them ?

Andy

PS Thank you DJI for your entry to our Worldwide Nicest Legs photo contest, unfortunately you were not a winner but we're publishing your image anyway:tennis:

Attachments

• F450 legs.jpg
    F450 legs.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 280

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
There are more haters who haven't used it or know what they are talking about then feed back from actual users. I'm interested to hear from users. Not that I want to get into it because what's the point, but if you look at other gimbals that compare in performance this actually a reasonable price. From what I can tell the next best gimbal is about 300-400 cheaper. So for that extra money you get integrated hd to sd conversion and output for your fpv transmitter, gopro record stop control, aux power to gopro, (which is good because gopro battery only last an hour). And to top it all off you have high quality build and integrated wiring. You can do all this for cheaper if you do it all yourself but most likely it wont be as clean, and the time and parts would end up costing more, depending on what your time is worth. To me all these facts make the price worth it, if its not worth it for you then don't get it but its getting old hearing people complain about it.

Haters?, must be referring to me.

At no point did I hate on it, but I did say it was expensive. At that price, a lot of us that would like to buy one, simply can't or will not put that sort of cash into something to strap onto a toy! That is all I was saying...

eyeball

I've been using a beta version for sometime and also sampled the new first batch that arrived today and I must say its a great little gimbal and with it also giving power to the useless gopro battery its a little Gem...Im not sure if users with have any minor issues with the horizon but I'm sure time will tell? But pound for pound its a little cracker!

Burntpixel

Our's shipped today so should get it tomorrow.
Looked up the manual and instructional videos on the DJI web site and noticed that they have a version of undercarriage legs for the f450 I can't see for sale on the web...
View attachment 15957

Anyone know where to get them ?

Andy

PS Thank you DJI for your entry to our Worldwide Nicest Legs photo contest, unfortunately you were not a winner but we're publishing your image anyway:tennis:
This is very cool. This allows room to grow into a larger quad. I wonder when DJI will be selling the F450 bundled wih the Naza V-2 and the gimbal? As to that landing gear? It looks like they were made on a 3D printer.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Good for you... I use mine for personal use, hence the reason I can't throw away $700 on this. I was hoping SO SO much that this unit would be around the $400 mark, I should have known better.

If you look up the word toy, you will find many meanings, one of them being "An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult: "in 1914 the car was still a rich man's toy". So try not to get too bent out of shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Got my Zenmuse yesterday and gave it a maiden and was very pleased with the results despite the strong wind. The only point I have against it, and it is quite a big one, was that I have had to stick a washer onto one side of the gimbal in order for it to balance properly. If you are looking forward, the gimbal was dropping to the left without this washer. This absolutely should not be the case in such a gimbal. At least everything else seems to be working very well.

ChrisViperM

Got my Zenmuse yesterday and gave it a maiden and was very pleased with the results despite the strong wind. The only point I have against it, and it is quite a big one, was that I have had to stick a washer onto one side of the gimbal in order for it to balance properly. If you are looking forward, the gimbal was dropping to the left without this washer. This absolutely should not be the case in such a gimbal. At least everything else seems to be working very well.

This was (unfortunately) the message I was waiting for and what kept me away from ordering one....exactly the same problem as with the Zenmuse. After reading your post I downloaded the manual and the Assistant software. (Assistent is more like an interface for firmware upgrades, nothing else to do there). The manual doesn't mention "level horizont" with one word....exactly like the Zenmuse. I spent countless hours to get the Zen horizontal level.....balanced the whole thing to death.....sometimes it's level, sometimes off 1°, sometimes off 4°....then level again. I could not figure out what the parameters are on which the Zen decides what is level and what not. Some people don't care, some people just use the trim on the Tx every time they power up the Zen, but to me personally it's very annoying. If I don't have the possibility to set the horizont level manually (only would have to do it once, level horizont is the same all over the world) it can look as amart as hell and perform like a dream, I wouldn't buy it.......That's where the "haters" come in. The problem with level horizont is known since the Zen hit the market and is all over various forums, but DJI listen or at least explain what's the reason for horizontal drift.....???? And some people like me just don't get this kind of stubborn stupidity.

If you don't care about the horizontal level, go and get it......otherwise bite your fingernails and wait.

Chris

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
This was (unfortunately) the message I was waiting for and what kept me away from ordering one....exactly the same problem as with the Zenmuse. After reading your post I downloaded the manual and the Assistant software. (Assistent is more like an interface for firmware upgrades, nothing else to do there). The manual doesn't mention "level horizont" with one word....exactly like the Zenmuse. I spent countless hours to get the Zen horizontal level.....balanced the whole thing to death.....sometimes it's level, sometimes off 1°, sometimes off 4°....then level again. I could not figure out what the parameters are on which the Zen decides what is level and what not. Some people don't care, some people just use the trim on the Tx every time they power up the Zen, but to me personally it's very annoying. If I don't have the possibility to set the horizont level manually (only would have to do it once, level horizont is the same all over the world) it can look as amart as hell and perform like a dream, I wouldn't buy it.......That's where the "haters" come in. The problem with level horizont is known since the Zen hit the market and is all over various forums, but DJI listen or at least explain what's the reason for horizontal drift.....???? And some people like me just don't get this kind of stubborn stupidity.

If you don't care about the horizontal level, go and get it......otherwise bite your fingernails and wait.

Chris

Sounds like it would be worth the $700 huh? sorry and I am not hating.... but I have seen way too many beta testers on here, the same ones that have bought the final product.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Im not saying that the horizontal is dropping off, what I am saying is that it wasn't properly balanced out of the factory hence why I had to add a washer. In flight the picture seems perfectly horizontal on each flight. As I said, seems to be a really good performer once in the air.