DJI Ground Station

crcr

Can someone please help me with a few questions I haven't been able to find answers too. I'm looking into the 2.4 datalink and what I can do with the ground station.

I'm pretty sure you can set the heading between waypoints and also at a waypoint?? but can you yaw the craft manually between waypoints and also a each waypoint?

Is it possible to trigger the camera automatically and/or manually at each waypoint?

Do you have control over the camera tilt during a waypoint mission?

Thanks for your help.

Tahoe Ed

Can someone please help me with a few questions I haven't been able to find answers too. I'm looking into the 2.4 datalink and what I can do with the ground station.

I'm pretty sure you can set the heading between waypoints and also at a waypoint?? but can you yaw the craft manually between waypoints and also a each waypoint?

With the Naza, no with the WKM, maybe. It depends.

Is it possible to trigger the camera automatically and/or manually at each waypoint?

No but you can control the camera with a Z15 from the Tx. Not with a H3-2D.

Do you have control over the camera tilt during a waypoint mission?

With the H3-2D, yes.

Thanks for your help.

See my Red responses. From the questions that you asked, unless you have a WKM, you will be disappointed.

crcr

Thanks for your reply.

I'm going to use a WKM with a Z15-5D. What do you mean by "it depends" with regards to yawing during waypoint mission?

With regards to triggering the camera. Are you saying that you can do it manually with the Z15-5D from your TX but can't set to automatically trigger at WP?

So you can't tilt the camera from the TX during WP mission when using the Z15-5D. Do you have to set the tilt angle before starting the mission?

I'm going to use the new BT 2.4 data link. Does it make any difference if you use an ipad vrs a PC/laptop?

Thanks again

Tahoe Ed

If you use the Pc version of the data link you have more options. You can trigger the camera from your Tx with the Z15. That I am not sure of. Yes it does. if you use the BT app on your iOS you will not have the majority of the application for you to use as state at the beginning.

gDallasK

Why don't you just set the camera to shoot continuously at preset intervals throughout the flight using an intervalometer? Many cameras have this feature built in. Memory cards are cheap, flights are relatively short. I set my Sony NEX to take a shot every three seconds.

crcr

What is the maximum distance you can get out of the 2.4 data link. I think the 2.4 radio starts to lose signal at around 2.5-3km?? can you operate the copter further than this if flying waypoints or using the datalink to control the craft?

Thanks

soler

I think what you originally asked for is if you have yaw control of the aircraft, the answer is no unless this is set before the mission in mission planner.

If you are using a Z15 then you can still have full control of this through the transmitter for yaw, roll, pitch and trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crcr

Cool, thanks for that. I'm also wondering what is the max distance you can fly using the GS/waypoints?

Thanks

soler

I have not tried pushing it to the limits but I would expect a similar range to an existing 2.4ghz setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crcr

ok, I've finally got this setup but am having trouble understanding a few things.

After plugging in the batteries, why do the Aircraft Alti and the Home Point Alti always have different values?? shouldn't they be the same? I tried it out today on the lawn and once the Aircraft Alti was 1.3m and another time it was -47m....what the go with that.

The other thing I don't understand is the Altitude offset. I have it set to "Height" which I understand is height above ground level where the craft was powered up, correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks