DJI Ground Station 2.4 and 5.8 Alternate Antennas

iflynavy

Hello All.

I have an x650 modified that is 100% DJI, H3-2D Gimbal, Wookong-M with waypoints, iOSD, 2.4Ghz Datalink, 5.8Ghz Video downlink.

I'm looking to extend the range or power of the Datalink and the FPV. The issue I have here in the suburbs of Chicago is that our open spaces have trees, or other minor obstacles. I have been noticing that occasionally even at short distance I'm susceptible to interference a bit. That being the case without switching off from DJI and the Can-Bus I was hoping to get a little better range and distance by switching out the ground station side antennas.

I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for panel (or yagi) antennas for the 2.4Ghz Datalink, or the 5.8 Ghz video downlink. The video downlink by default comes with a RP-SMA Cloverleaf on both sides, and the Datalink just has a wire antenna on the Quad side, and a dipole on the ground.

Thanks Experts, appreciate your thoughts in advance.

iflynavy

I linked the wrong video - in Part 4 he talks about antennas...

Thanks

I checked them out, and the question is more how to take a dangling wire antenna and attach that to something. I'd have to open up the whole package to see how it's sconnected, but I'm assuming it's just a solder point on the circuit board... Big risk.

Any way to just attach that string antenna to something?