Dji f550

After reading through countless forums, watching hours of youtube clips and committing myself financially and mentally I have decided to go with the following build. I have placed the order for most of the gear

DJI ESC 30 Amp
F550 Hexa Frame
DJI NAZA V2 INC GPS PMU LED
DJI F550 Flamewheel Heavy Lift Conversion Kit with Arm Extensions & AMP 2814 Motors
Prop Set Set of (6) Graupner 11x5 props and Spacers
Carbon Fiber Landing Skid Gear
Futuba 8FJ controller
4S 5000mah LIPO battery

I have yet to decide on the camera setup but waiting to see what the ZENMUSE H3-2D is like.

Zbeast

Looks like a good combo mate, I have the same set up without the lift conversion and props. i allso have a 3s 5000mah LIPO battery, which with a gro pro3 and FPV gear, gets me around 13min fly time. Got to love it

So most of my parts arrived today. Very fast and great service from Aerial Media Pros. Now for the real fun of assembly and flying.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 328

Hi i do have a question regarding the GPS antenna. What adhesive do you use to attache the little pole? I have attached the bracket to the frame OK but unsure what to use to secure the GPS and pole as I'd like to be able to easily remove it for transport but needs to be secure during flight so it wont shift etc.

Had my first real flight today. It went really well... it went up and around as directed and came back down in a controlled flight :). Fail Safe tested perfectly as well. No breaks and no cuts. NEED MORE BATTERIES :)
not sure about flight time i was too excited to count but I think it should last longer will monitor that more

Sorry for late response. How did the F550 build go ?
I am about to start building my own. my build is exactly like yours except my radio is a Spektrum DX8

Hi giovannni

The build went really well thanks. since building it I have changed the arms to the Aimdroix arms (there is a thread on this forum about them) this has proven to be much more stable. I have added the Gopro Zenmuse as well which is a great gimbal. I am getting around 10min flight times. I also put on the DJI made landing gear which are fine but there are lots of options out there for landing gear.

Best of luck with the build if you have any questions let me know. Go slow and have fun

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_155&products_id=2124

Jaybeast

I'm in the middle of a similar upgrade to my F550 with the aluminum arms. How are the Amp motors working out? Have any stats like throttle, flight time, etc...? What's your auw?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jaybeast

The AMP motors are very good, they have been very reliable and sturdy. I'd like to try a lower KV motor around 400KV with larger props. But the AMP motors have plenty of lifting power, and moves along quite fast. My AUW with Gimbal but without batteries is 2174g. With 2x 4200mah batteries I am getting about 10min flight.

When upsizing the motors and props for an F550 be very cautious with the motor and prop balancing.....
The FC does not like vibration which can lead to partial flight control, random altitude loss and gains and potential fly-aways.
Even when well balanced I had to use Kyosho anti-vibe tape under the RC receiver and FC to guarantee long term reliability.

When upsizing the motors and props for an F550 be very cautious with the motor and prop balancing.....
The FC does not like vibration which can lead to partial flight control, random altitude loss and gains and potential fly-aways.
Even when well balanced I had to use Kyosho anti-vibe tape under the RC receiver and FC to guarantee long term reliability.

Peter, how are you measuring the vibrations in your system. I suspect that the same issues that you resolved with the your show antivibration tape. First, would you say that the antivibration tape helped? Secondly, is there an app or a tool of some time that you have used to measure vibrations so that you can compare your results and if so how did you determine through the means you chose to measure vibrations that you were successful?

wootenelli
Its always best to elminate the problem at the source, i.e., eliminate all motor and prop vibrations by balancing......
You can hear it and feel it when you touch the motor arm with that motor spinning.
Once the vibe is almost eliminated, the motor sounds very smooth and you can seldom notice the vibe when touching the motor arm.
In cases where the vibes are impossible to eliminate, check the motor bell for runout before attempting to replace bearings.

I use the Iseisometer app for a smarthphone, Apple or others..... The Iseisometer app uses 3 accelerometers.
Of the 3 axes the one that is most relevant is the axis that is parallel to the MR circumference (not perpendicular).
When that vibe is resolved, the other two tend to minimize as well.
Always balance the motor first then balance the props separately with a prop balancer. And if the prop center hole if off... throw it away.

When you see a lot of accelerometer vibration you can empathize with that the flight computer sensors have to deal with.... if excessive, the FC cannot possibly determine how to sort out the needed acceleration from all the background noise, i.e., motor and/or prop vibration......leading to strange flight behaviour.

Where it is not possible to eliminate all the vibrations it might then become necessary to install the Kyosho antivibe tape under the FC as well as the RC receiver. I do both because I know that vibration kills RC recievers eventually.